Menu

Fashion problem of the day...

bettyandbob

What kind of shoes and hosiery and how formal of a profession? Grey would be more formal, khaki more casual. Personally, I would go with a neutral blazer and add color with a scarf. 

Also, the cut of the blazer will make a difference, dependent upon body type. She should wear the dress when trying on jackets. 

What is the typical dress style like at those events? My husband’s professional events where family is also invited tend to be on the formal colors when it comes to dressing. So black on black, dark blue on dark blue, gray on black or black on gray. My friend’s professional events tend to involve drinks and a pub like atmosphere so people dress in very bright colors, so bright yellow or bright red blazer with a black sheath and chunky jewelry would blend right in.

Anything except navy blue. 

Or brown.  :)

I think it depends on the event.  Maybe something a little darker (rather than a bright, primary color) would look better at a professional event:  dark plum, burgundy, dark green, etc., or a "jewel" tone.