Menu

Obama's grandmother has passed away

No doubt, this is a heartbreaking time for this family. But, to consider the positive as well, maybe she was content just knowing how far he has come, and what he has already accomplished. Sometimes, the dying will "wait" until they or their loved ones are ready for them to move on. I'm trying to imagine that she was completely at peace with making her exit now, and that if there is future celebrating to be done, she can still do that from a new perspective. :)

Just my own little way of looking at things.

How sad, especially given the timing. :(

No doubt, this is a heartbreaking time for this family. But, to consider the positive as well, maybe she was content just knowing how far he has come, and what he has already accomplished. Sometimes, the dying will "wait" until they or their loved ones are ready for them to move on. I'm trying to imagine that she was completely at peace with making her exit now, and that if there is future celebrating to be done, she can still do that from a new perspective. :)

Just my own little way of looking at things.

That's a good point. When dh's grandma passed away the family gathered in the days leading up to it. Grandma's oldest son was still en route. She hung on until he got there so she could say goodbye to him. Then she left us. My nurse friend says she's seen that a lot, too. Hopefully Obama's grandma passed peacefully. :)