Menu

Thanksgiving read aloud

mommyoftwinboys

Crafts:

Thanksgiving tree. Use construction paper and their hands. Trace around their hands to make 'leaves' using fall leaf colors. Then have them write what they are thankful for. One idea for each leaf. (I'm thankful Mommy school's me. I'm thankful for my snakes.......) Paste these leaves on a tree made from brown construction paper. I still have my sons' tree from that age hanging in the basement rec room. See their ages listed below! That was many years ago.

They also made a Thanksgiving Rooster using their foot print and hand print. I found the pattern on the web somewhere. That has been fun to look at over the years but the above Thanksgiving Tree project is still treasured after all these years.

Books; hmm we love Cranberry Thanksgiving and other Thanksgiving books I picked up at Scholastic Book Fairs. I like to buy my holiday books so that we read the same ones year after year after year.

Carole

Any suggestions? I have twin 1st grade boys.

Also, any links to some great projects and crafts my boys love them!

The Pilgrims of Plimouth by M. Sewall is nicely done with paintings and pages devoted to different parts -- what they grew, what men did, what women did, etc. -- in a story format.

Family Fun online is always good for do-able crafts.

Pata in VA : I just found this book and I thought that I'd post the link here in case anyone is still looking for something. It's called Pilgrim Stories by Margaret Pumphrey, I downloaded it free from google. I read the first few stories and it seems to be very engaging. Hope this helps!

Just curious how you downloaded the book for free. I had never tried google books and just set up an account, but I am not finding success in viewing the actual book you suggested. Thanks for any help you might have... :001_smile:

Just curious how you downloaded the book for free. I had never tried google books and just set up an account, but I am not finding success in viewing the actual book you suggested. Thanks for any help you might have... :001_smile:

If you click on the link, it should take you to the book, then you can scroll through the book using thing blue and white arrow keys. On the right hand side, you can click on download and it will download the whole book to your computer, then you just have to click save as in adobe to save it to your computer. Hope that helps!