Menu

Best NFP app or tracking website?

ktgrok

Billings or Creighton preferred, or a Sympto Thermal that will let me not put my temp in. Using Fertility friend but technically they say you are supposed to only use it for trying to get pregnant, and I'm trying to avoid. I have a laptop or an iPhone. 

I have Ovuview on my Android phone. It lets you pick and choose your observation inputs. But I've only every used it to track my periods since my other symptoms mean NOTHING while I'm breastfeeding. So I don't know how well it predicts phases with only some inputs.

I asked about this a while ago for the same reason. Ovia is nice but decides when I should have my period because it requires that I tell it how long my cycles are, so when they're variable, I have to manually change each day to "no period." People here mentioned others, and I haven't gotten around to checking them out yet.

Taking Charge of Your Fertility recommends the OvaGraph app.

I'm breastfeeding, so I haven't started bothering with charting yet.

Me too, so not sure how clear my cycles will be. But...I nurse for 3-4 years each time, so I need to try anyway. 

• Like 1

Me too, so not sure how clear my cycles will be. But...I nurse for 3-4 years each time, so I need to try anyway.

I reliably get pregnant immediately after the baby sleeps through the night for the first time. I would kill for 8 straight hours of sleep right now, but I don't think I would get pregnant again for it. :-\ I'm too tired!

I had one cycle at 6 months which was totally bizarre, but that was 4 months ago and hasn't happened again. I may try temping next month when DH goes back to work, but I know that alone won't really be good enough. I need to reread my copy of TCOYF soon.

• Like 1

I reliably get pregnant immediately after the baby sleeps through the night for the first time. I would kill for 8 straight hours of sleep right now, but I don't think I would get pregnant again for it. :-\ I'm too tired!

I had one cycle at 6 months which was totally bizarre, but that was 4 months ago and hasn't happened again. I may try temping next month when DH goes back to work, but I know that alone won't really be good enough. I need to reread my copy of TCOYF soon.

Yeah, I've been either pregnant or nursing for the past 9 years. In that time I've had exactly 4 periods (2 of those these past 2 months). I guess it's a good problem to have!

• Like 1

If you're breastfeeding you can chart and probably should so you see when fertility returns, as it is unpredictable. You don't need to wait for a period to be fertile. I started seeing my NFP teacher while I was breastfeeding. But it was after my cycle had returned (which was not right away). One of the biggest differences was a short luteal phase.

I've never tried an app. I don't really know what they do, do they just estimate things for you?