Menu

Using student pages from SotW/WWE?

EmmaGM

I hope you guys don't think I'm a super weirdo for asking this and I 100% own up to being extremely type A but...

I have the SotW activity book here (and WWE is the same way) which I love but the first half is sort of teacher's guide while the second half is perforated student pages to be torn out. I don't know if I can handle the idea of tearing out the student pages and having this weird half torn out book as my manual. 😣 What do you do?

I wish it was coil bound so I could easily unbind the whole thing, alas it is not. I don't know of a way to chop off the binding so I could put the teacher's section in its own binder.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I took mine to FedEx/Kinkos back in the day and had them cut off the spine. The TM and map answers were coil bound and I left the student pages free. That way, I can take just the pages we will use and have them copied each year.

Works great for me.

• Like 4

I took mine to FedEx/Kinkos back in the day and had them cut off the spine. The TM and map answers were coil bound and I left the student pages free. That way, I can take just the pages we will use and have them copied each year.

Works great for me.

I buy PDFs of WWE/SOTW AG, but I did something similar with another teacher's manual that had student pages in the back. I just kept the student pages in the filing cabinet and photocopied as needed.

I buy the activity books. Then with SOTW I got the packaged copy of the printed pages for the student.

With WWE, for the first child I had them work in the back of the book, but didn't tear out pages. I bought them packaged for the second child. WWE 3, I finally took then in and had them cut apart and spiral bound.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I cut off the binding and had the entire thing 3 hole punched. Then I paid to have the student section printed and 3 hole punched for each of my kids. That way I still have my original AGs in their 3 ring binders ready to go in the  next go round intact w/all student pages that just need to be photocopied again for when my youngest is old enough for them. 

For both of those I just bought the PDF.  I print and Proclick the students pages.  The instructor pages (or, at least, any that I want in hard copy) I print in booklet mode (half size, two to a page, double sided) and Proclick.  They get a big booklet, I get a mini-booklet.  I normally do a semester's worth at a time so that theirs is thinner and less intimidating.

Wendy

Most copy centers can remove the binding for you, and either spiral-bind or three-hole punch whatever portion you wish. I can do that at home, but if your OCD is worse than mine you may be better off either purchasing a set of student pages for each child, or purchasing the student pages PDF and having a set printed for each child. Which is most cost-effective depends on how many kids you have and what your costs would be for printing copies from the PDF. You can, of course, limit your printing by removing pages from activites you won't be using. I think we only used about â…” of the activity pages from SotW1, and we didn't use the pages from WWE1 at all because I had DS do the exact same assignments using HWT paper instead.

• Like 1