Menu

20 years of Harry Potter!

Word Nerd

Now I feel old! I remember going to every release party and sitting in the long line outside Barnes and Noble in our Wizarding gear waiting to go in. We would then rush back home with the book and sit around reading it outloud; barely being able to break for the night. So excited I get to relive all of these books with my three youngest like I did my two oldest (although no release parties...bummer).

Edited by nixpix5

Now I feel old! I remember going to every release party and sitting in the long line outside Barnes and Noble in our Wizarding gear waiting to go in. We would then rush back home with the book and sit around reading it outloud; barely being able to break for the night. So excited I get to relive all of these books with my three youngest like I did my two oldest (although no release parties...bummer).

yeah.  we're leaving for yosemite tomorrow.   last time we went to yosemite- was the day before book 4 came out. . . .. we stopped at costco on the way, bought the book to read in the car, decided we couldn't hear - stopped at the next costco and bought it on tape.  the rule was no one could steal off with the book . ... 2dd and 1ds squeezed into a lounge chair to read it together.  they were both near their adult height of 5'11"ish.  (they're 1/2" difference.)  it's a fun memory.

we're meeting up with 2dd and dsil, , . . . but 1ds isn't coming.  he wants to work and earn money before fall quarter starts.

I can't manage a link on my phone for some reason but I thought this video on YouTube was interesting if you don't mind looking for it!

How Harry Potter Parallels to the Deaf World | Nyle DiMarco

Harry Potter, ASL, Nyle DiMarco...win/win/*swoon*!!!

I love Nyle DiMarco!

• Like 1