Menu

Dance bag question

musicianmom

A lot of the teen girls at our studio use Vera Bradley bags.

My dd uses a Vera Bradley duffle. Hers is dark brown inside but that would vary by pattern.

ETA - the Vera Bradley works fine but I always have my eye out for something else, some kind of perfect dance bag. Something with pockets for organization would be nice.

Edited by kitten18

My dd uses a Vera Bradley duffle. Hers is dark brown inside but that would vary by pattern.

I was going to suggest Vera Bradley!  All of the VB bags we have in this house were bought from a second-hand shop for less than half the price of in the VB store.  Shop around.

My DD13 used a VB purse for a shoe bag for her tap shoes when she took tap this last semester (the only dance class she took at the time).

I have bought several VB bags to use as crochet bags -- my favorite one has 6 pockets around the interior that could fit various dance shoes (3 pair!), leaving the capacious middle free for folded clothing.

One of the bags (a medium duffle) I bought for containing works in progress my DD13 has taken over for her overnight bag when visiting cousins.  She fits and entire weekend's worth of clothing changes and other accouterments in that thing, and with a lengthwise zipper along the top it's easy to see everything inside.

None of the VB bags we have picked up happen to have dark-colored interiors.

A bonus:  take out any rigid floor panel and these bags can be machine washed, too.

Everyone at our studio uses a Vera Bradley bag.  Except my DD.  She has been using a 31 bag for at least six years now.  I keep offering to buy her a new bag, and she insists this one is perfect.  It's a bigger tote bag with outside pockets for smaller things and no way to enclose the bag as a whole- which actually is ideal for letting shoes air out.  Hers is a lighter print so she can see everything in the bottom of it.

I see they don't carry this style anymore (at least on the website) but it looks a lot like the Large Utility Tote, but without the rigid top.

She's not on a team. She didn't want black lining because it makes it too hard to find black shoes and leos inside.

My son does martial arts and his gear bag has a black lining.  A few weeks ago bought new leg guards.  The next week when he was heading to class he commented that he had left one at class.  I of course asked if he was sure and he said he was and let me look in his bag.  There was no leg guard in it.  A month passed and the leg guard was never found.  I was ready to buy a new pair when he told me that he found the missing guard.  In his bag.  The bag that he and I had both checked.  It was of course a black leg guard in a black lined bag.

Another color is a great plan.  My daughter has the addidas bag linked above.  It is great bag and her turquoise lining is so pretty that it makes me happy to see it.

• Like 1