Menu

What can I do with these almonds?

SparklyUnicorn

Smash them a bit, sauté them on low heat in a bit of olive oil (that will soften them), and toss them into salad / vegetables / stir fries / curries.  One of my kids is vegetarian and I toss fistfuls of all kinds of nuts on all kinds of things.

• Like 4

Leave them in the car and forget about them for awhile? That always works here. ;)

Or just save them until you need more ground almonds or almond milk. They'll keep forever.

Haha..or I'll throw them in the freezer, forget about them, find them in there 3 years from now and then throw them out.  :lol:

• Like 3

Haha..or I'll throw them in the freezer, forget about them, find them in there 3 years from now and then throw them out. :lol:

That was pretty much my other thought...except I'm too cheap to throw them out at that point. ;)

Actually, I don't think I've ever had nuts go bad. I know they can so maybe I've been lucky, but freezing has always worked well for me. DH's grandparents used to have pecan trees and would send us pounds of pecans every other year; I'd freeze them to try to make them last as long as possible. It was a huge treat to us northerners and something we could have never justified purchasing for ourselves.

• Like 1