Menu

What is worse than being 40 weeks pregnant?

Being 40 weeks pregnant and sick as a dog. I mean, really, like my poor, worn out, pelvic floor needs the added strain of coughing and sneezing. And, don't you need to be able to breathe through contractions? Not this pregnant mommy. I woke up last night thinking my head was going to explode and that was the opposite end I was supposed to be feeling pressure. Ugh!. Pray for me friends. I am having a hard time. :sad: Has this happened to anyone else? Can you really do labor if you are sick?

Being 40 weeks pregnant and sick as a dog. I mean, really, like my poor, worn out, pelvic floor needs the added strain of coughing and sneezing. And, don't you need to be able to breathe through contractions? Not this pregnant mommy. I woke up last night thinking my head was going to explode and that was the opposite end I was supposed to be feeling pressure. Ugh!. Pray for me friends. I am having a hard time. :sad: Has this happened to anyone else? Can you really do labor if you are sick?

:grouphug:Oh Marie, that's awful! I hope you find some relief soon.

Well, 40 weeks is better than 39 or 38. You really have to be nearly there!

I'm going to redirect all my sympathies away from myself (whinging because I have to put up with another 3 months of this) towards you, because you definately deserve it more!

:grouphug:

Rosie

Not being pregnant and knowing I will never again be pregnant. I'm sorry you're sick and I know you feel horrible. But I'd switch places with you if I could.

It's crazy. Five challenging pregnancies. Five c-sections. Mastitis galore. In short ~ nothing came easily for me as far as bearing children is concerned. And yet, I still ache at the thought of never experiencing another baby-moon. People said I'd be over it by now, but I'm still waiting...

I don't know exactly how you feel since technically, I was never 40 weeks pregnant, but I can identify to some extent. I'm sorry you feel miserable and I do wish I could do something to help you out. I also wish I could have just one more day with a newborn, so I do envy your very near future as far as that's concerned.:)

Me too, and my youngest is 10.5 yrs. old. Wish I had better news. :(

All these friends said to me, "Oh, just wait until Kai's his own little self and you have more freedom. You'll move past the baby-withdrawal and enjoy a new season of life." Well, yeah, I'm in a different season and sure it has it's advantages. I'm in good shape, have time to run, don't have to haul around diapers and so on and so forth. But I confess there's something about having a Very Small Person cling to me that makes me feel loved beyond measure. Something about the smell of a new baby that literally brings me to tears. About that time in life ~ the time I lay a baby next to me in bed or feel a child stir within me or stroke the cheek of an infant ~ when the world just seems like a smaller, safer place. And I honestly don't think that will ever change; it's part of my wiring to yearn for that ~ and part of yours, too, apparently.:grouphug:

I know what's worse ... being 41.5 weeks pregnant! BTDT!

:grouphug:

ME TOO!!! 41.5 weeks pregnant, and brought down by a raging cold. Marie, do I EVER know how you feel. But I lived through it, and you will too! :) Just rest and do the absolute minimum needed to maintain family sanity. Warm showers to clear your head out.

With youngest dd I had pneumonia when I delivered!

I went to my appointment 2 days before and told the OB that I had pneumonia--he just laughed and told me it was allergies--until I insisted that he listen to my lungs! I had extra antibiotics because it was a bacterial infection but other than that labor continued as normal--my head did clear up a bit by actual delivery time. Luckily my labors are short (under 2 hours).

Praying for a quick and easy labor and delivery!

Jann

I'll be praying for you both for labor to start and for relief from illness!

I'll never forget being in labor with my dd and going through a box of those little paper thin tissues they like to provide in the hospital and having to ask for another box because I had such a cold. Not fun and not fair!