Menu

I have strep throat again

Terabith

The last time I had it was before Christmas, so it isn't constant. Doctor thinks I'm just susceptible. I've had clean swabs in between, so it isn't a carrier issue.

I just feel miserable.

You've had the whole family swabbed in that time?  You wouldn't be the carrier, someone else (or the dog if you have one) would be the carrier.   

Whenever we've had a recurrent strep issue, someone's been hiding it.  Honestly, it's most often been dh.  No symptoms at all.  I kind of doubt he's the one that brought it home to begin with, but after the kids got treated, he carried it with no symptoms and passed it back around.  Now when one person in the family gets strep, every.single.person. gets swabbed at the same time.  Then it can't hide. Haven't had a problem in years, now.

• Like 1

Terabith,

Has your dr checked your immunity levels? D3 levels?

Have you tried black elderberry syrup to keep illnesses at bay,I know you have had it rough

for a while so just some suggestions to at least keep you from getting these frequent infections. 

Any other medications you are on that could be causing these infections as a side effect?

I am just throwing it out there for you.

:grouphug:  Hope you feel better soon.

I got strep from a doctor's office and it kept coming back.  It got to the point where they were going to put me on some antibiotic for a month or more.  When I started to feel like my throat was getting scratchy again, I gargled with colloidal silver twice a day for a couple of weeks and that took care of the strep returning.  

DH was constantly getting strep and it turns out his immunity was tested and he had no immunity to strep.  It became comical in the doctors office because the rapid strep always came up negative but the sent out culture was always positive.  I would have your immunity checked.  It became more manageable when he started working from home.  His old company had a lot of sick people "pushing through" and coming to work for a variety of things - strep, flu, pink eye.