Menu

Hercule Poirot series

Night Elf

If you like Agatha Christie's Poirot series, what is your favorite book? I need a new one. How do I choose one? DH recommended the ones I've read so far.

So far I've read:

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

Peril at End House

Murder on the Orient Express

The A.B.C Murders (my favorite so far)

Cat Among the Pigeons

Appointment with Death

Ummm...

Generally when I like a series I don't so much choose which to read next, as go to the library and check out either the next five in publication order, or the whole series if it's shorter.

😄😄😄 YMMV

Poirot is fantastic. You can hardly go wrong!

Edited by Innisfree
  • Like 4

I started to read through books that I checked out from the library and have really liked:

Three Act Tragedy

Dumb Witness

Death on the Nile

Five Little Pigs

A few months ago I got "Hercule Poirot 100 Years 191-2016" on kindle and am reading through it right now.

I didn't choose. I just read them all :)

Then I read all the Miss Marple ones. Then all the Tommy and Tuppence. Plus all the short stories and misc. other detectives.

Then...I read them all again. And again. Now I wait til I'm pretty sure I've forgotten who did it and read it again.

So I may be no hope :)

• Like 7

I don't even know what my library has. I've bought all my Christie books on the Kindle. So far there's only been one I couldn't finish and that was Cat Among the Pigeons. I just wasn't getting into it. DH liked it though.

Another favorite isn't a detective. It's And Then There Were None. I've read that one numerous times. Good book!

• Like 1