Menu

The Unmotivated Teachers Lounge 4-5-2017

scrapbookbuzz

I WAS going to call this the DC Universe Teachers Lounge but I'm SO unmotivated to do anything today! Thus, the title.

Anyone still worn out from their weekend? Here: still trying to catch up after being busy pretty much ALL day Thursday through yesterday morning. Not sure I'm going to fill 5.5 days like that again! Haven't had any time to look over lessons or prep for them, either, which doesn't help my motivation. Wish my kids were more independently motivated to do what needs to be done, too!

What's on your schedule today? Here: really need to get DD18 back on track with her math and chemistry. Really need to get DS12 motivated to do any schoolwork. Tentatively on the schedule: school and taekwondo. Need to figure out what's for dinner later too. Oh, and when I'm actually awake, make some business calls. And, I just remembered, I need to take DD18 to get a clarifying wash today. She wants her hair really clean for prom on Friday.

What's the forecast for where you are today? Here: high of 85*F. Right now it's just after 0915 here and around 69*F. Tempting to go for a hike, if I wasn't so tired. Or maybe I'll do a brief stint of wildcrafting (harvesting some native desert herbs) because that's easier than hiking!

Talk to me!

• Like 1

I am very unmotivated today! My kids are not working diligently or doing their best work. Having to wear the mom hat more than the teacher hat lately. Ready for summer, but we will only take a short break b/c neither kid will have finished math and life interruptions beyond my control continue to steal school days from us.

We have done some school and run errands. Lunch and more school til mid afternoon, when we leave for piano and evening church. Thankful that I don't have to nake dinner tonight!

Nice here now, 70 and sunny, but forecast says rain this afternoon.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 1

YaelAdrich, then I would say take the day off. If NONE of you are motivated to do academics, it's not going to go well anyway. Regroup tomorrow.

And I totally get the "personal issues in my psyche" problem. That sucks! But remember, this is temporary. Things will get better! AND guilt never comes from God, only from the enemy. God's got your six!

Tracy, if you're leaving tomorrow, why are you even planning on doing school today? That would never happen here because I know how busy I am with last minute prep the day before a trip! Give yourself permission to take this day off and enjoy your trip!

Scout, looks like you and I posted about the same time! B-)

• Like 2

Looks like the rest of you are unmotivated, too, and possibly still sleeping! LOL

Nope. We watched an episode of Liberty's Kids (The Turtle, about a submarine) during breakfast, and the kids have done RS Dutch, and drew a Snorlax (and Broccoli then used paint to color it in), and Broccoli did Mathseeds while Celery did two lessons of LOF Percents&Decimals (Goldbach Conjecture and Area of a Circle). Then lunch, and they've been playing outside for the past 30-45min or so, because we really needed a break at that point. When they went outside it was sunny and 45F.

My wife and I have a mild cold - I bought a bunch of licorice last night because my throat was sore. And my eczema is driving me crazy. But, overall, doing okay.

• Like 2

No motivation. Between the end of pregnancy blues and the constant appointments I have at this point, I have really struggled to keep the bare minimum going. Can the baby just come so we can break already? I have already made peace with not finishing this year's LA, science, or history before he comes. Everything else is wrapped up.

• Like 2

Worn Out From the Weekend: Nope.  I had an unusually restful weekend.  This coming weekend is going to be nuts, though.

Schedule for Today: It's my birthday so we were off school and Jamie took off work.  We did whatever I wanted to do most of the day.  Jamie and I went to the Brazilian Steakhouse for lunch.  Tonight we took the little guys to a law enforcement night for Cub Scouts.

Today's forecast: I think it was in the 70s.  It was really lovely out.

• Like 3

Worn Out From the Weekend: Nope.  I had an unusually restful weekend.  This coming weekend is going to be nuts, though.

Schedule for Today: It's my birthday so we were off school and Jamie took off work.  We did whatever I wanted to do most of the day.  Jamie and I went to the Brazilian Steakhouse for lunch.  Tonight we took the little guys to a law enforcement night for Cub Scouts.

Today's forecast: I think it was in the 70s.  It was really lovely out.

Happy Birthday, Butter!!  :party:

• Like 1