Menu

Aussie Homeschoolers, anyone in QLD?

Thought I'd post this on gen ed because I know the most active aussies on chat board are all in the southern states, but a few quieter ones tend to hang out here. Any of our Aussie posters here in the cyclone or flood effected areas? Not mentioning exact places, but I'm right in the middle of it (on high ground thankfully, isolated but wont be flooded). It's a nervous night, the rivers are still rising and have reportedly gone beyond 1974 levels, though I suppose that wont be officially confirmed until morning. All our family are either trapped on their properties or isolated by road. Kids are alternating between excitement and fear. It's been a crazy few days, that's for sure!

Everyone else safe and out of harms way?

• Like 3

I'm in the flood zone.  Yesterday, we were sent an emergency message to move to higher ground but the waters haven't reached us or isolated us, thankfully. 

My boys were annoyed that the premier closed all of the schools but never mentioned homeschools, and I made them continue their schoolwork.  There are occasional drawbacks of homeschooling.  :laugh:

• Like 3

I'm in the flood zone.  Yesterday, we were sent an emergency message to move to higher ground but the waters haven't reached us or isolated us, thankfully. 

My boys were annoyed that the premier closed all of the schools but never mentioned homeschools, and I made them continue their schoolwork.  There are occasional drawbacks of homeschooling.  :laugh:

Lol! nothing better to do when trapped inside but do school!

Looking at your blog post I can make a guess where you are. Been out to see the bridge at Wolffdene yet? Should look even more amazing from your side, we are on the opposite side and went to see this morning, absolutely amazing the power of water. 

Hope you stay safe. Sounds like our other aussie boardies are out of harms way. If you find yourself in need of clean up help feel free to send a PM, we're planning to try get out and do some work this week. 

I hope you've kept safe Abba.

I'm in QLD but it was called an ex-cyclone by the time it got to us. Heaps of wind and a ridiculous amount of rain, but we're lucky to be high and dry where we are.

Having schools, unis and workplaces closed was highly unusual and reflects how serious the weather event was.

I hope you're all okay. My thoughts are with all of those in the cyclone-affected and flood-affected areas. There are tragedies unfolding out there.

• Like 1