Menu

Amazon Smile is donating 10x the usual amount today on purchases

Tanaqui

Thanks, Tanaqui! 

My husband's donations go to Voice of the Martyrs and mine to a local no-kill animal shelter. Love this!  :thumbup1:

ETA: I just filled a cart with stuff for my dog and nothing for the rest of us. Yes, she is spoiled.  :blush:

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 4

Shoot, half the time I forgot to do the Smile thing anyway.  But I just ordered yesterday and really don't need anything right now.

I go to my oft-used websites by typing the first couple letters in the address bar -- do you do that?  I've trained myself to type smile instead of Amazon to solve that problem. 

• Like 3

Shoot, half the time I forgot to do the Smile thing anyway.  But I just ordered yesterday and really don't need anything right now.

I go to my oft-used websites by typing the first couple letters in the address bar -- do you do that?  I've trained myself to type smile instead of Amazon to solve that problem. 

It bugs me that Amazon doesn't let you donate without actually going to the separate Smile address. I finally changed my bookmark on my computer to go to Smile. When I'm on my tablet I use the full site and since my bookmarks are synced it takes me to the Smile website. It's only on my phone that I usually use the app, and haven't figured out if there's a way to do that,  nor have I checked to see if there's a separate app for Amazon Smile.

I alternate where my donations go. As I mentioned up thread, it's currently my local PP. I've also donated to our local no-kill shelter for a while, as well as other non-profits and national organizations. I prefer to donate to local organizations but will sometimes choose a national or global one. I change it about once a year to try and spread my donations around. I don't however, consider Amazon Smile to be a replacement for our regular donations. 

And Tanaqui - While others complain about Prime I can't complain. I placed the order last night and woke up to a notice that it shipped already. That's usually the case with my orders. :)

Edited by Lady Florida.

Thanks for the heads-up!   I had a few things waiting to be ordered so I did it today.  Who knows, if this generates more sales (and thus donations), Amazon may raise the percentage, if not permanently, more often.  I have no illusions that my orders amount to much, but anything to encourage giving works for me. 

I just want to thank everybody for not judging other people's charities. Sometimes that's a minefield :)

For the record, I donate to Solar Cookers International, which donates solar stoves to people in impoverished areas. This is a boon in so many ways - families are healthier because they spend less time breathing in fumes from fires, children and women are less likely to get burns, women don't need to spend as much time walking to get firewood, or spend as much money to buy it, and all those trees that aren't cut down help slow down global warming and increasing desertification of those areas where people generally rely on cook fires. Do you realize cook fires are an fairly large contributor to global warming?

Sorry, better hop back off that soapbox. *blush*