Menu

Movies with teen friends in conflict? Need examples

klmama

One of my dc is in a play and isn't quite getting the character to come to life.  I'd like to be able to give an example of someone similar from a movie, so dc can see some other options for how to act this.  This character is a kind teenager whose good friend has a problem that the character is trying to help with, but the friend is resistant.  The part dc is having trouble with is making the friendship seem real.  Can you think of any teen movies with good friends having conflict that might help dc see other ways this could be acted?

Edited by klmama

There's a Norwegian movie I saw recently with 2 teenage boys who are friends. They witness a murder but don't tell the police for certain reasons. It would be great for showing emotions of friends in conflict. It's in Norwegian with English subtitles, and on Netflix. It's called Eyewitness.

It's rated mature audiences as there is some language, though it's in Norwegian for the most part. There is also a blooming homose*ual relationship between the 2 boys. I found it very good, and it has won awards. It may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Before I Fall- it's in theaters now. It has a Groundhogs Day premise but with a teen drama kind of feel. I thought it was very well done with a fantastic message. It did earn its pg 13 rating though as it has suicide, alchohol, bullying, and sexual themes in it. Basically the whole movie revolves around teen conflicts- friends included.