Menu

Such a crappy day

DawnM

UGH.  Everything that could go wrong went wrong.

There was a miscommunication, I am still not entirely sure where it went wrong, and I was observed and evaluated at a time I didn't think we had agreed on.  So, my prepared lesson plan was not applicable at all!

Then, during the time she did come in, a new girl showed up, which changed the dynamic and threw me off.

And there is more, but I can't post publicly, it is just frustrating.

Just one of those days.

Thur whine.

Dawn

Well, tomorrow is when the eval goes on my permanent record.  Not sure that will be better.

I hope it went better than you think it did. Maybe you're being too hard on yourself. 

When I was in school and the teachers always threatened us with things going on our permanent record I never dreamed that teachers had to worry about that kind of thing.  

Is it worth it to ask for a do over? The new girl, the miscommunication in time...maybe your evaluator will extend some grace.  Or if nothing else, at least you show you're aware of the issues you had. Bad teachers wouldn't even recognize their shortcomings. You're a good teacher. 

• Like 2

Long story short, I don't think this evaluator even understands the job I do.  She kept saying, "So, why are you doing THAT with the kids?"  I explained it multiple times and even suggested she contact the district department I work for as that was indeed in my job description.  She didn't get it.

She can't give me a bad review, I didn't do anything I wasn't meant to do, I just wouldn't have picked that particular hour for her to come because it isn't my usual group, I have to do something different with them, completely sanctioned by the district.

It is just that I wouldn't have chosen for her to come at that time.  

Oh well.   I can't beat myself up over it.

• Like 1