Menu

Places to eat in Chicago?

Joker

Give me your favorite places!!

We're going in about a month for a few days and I want to have an idea before we go of where we'd like to eat. Breakfast is included with our hotel and we will probably want to do light lunches and big dinners. Our hotel is in the River North section but we don't mind venturing out a bit. 

Russian Tea Room

Giordano's (pizza)

Heaven on Seven (Cajun)

Billy Goat Tavern (burgers)--Go to the original. I think it's Lower Michigan or Lower Wabash?

Cheesecake Factory on Michigan Ave--The architecture is downright Oz-like.

Signature Room in the Hancock building (for the view)

Demera--Nowhere near where you are staying, but FABULOUS Ethiopian food.

Chinatown--Our favorite is the Phoenix. Get dim sum for lunch--YUM!!!

Get an Italian beef sandwich somewhere. We also love Chicago hot dogs, but the beef sandwiches are won-der-ful.

• Like 4

Russian Tea Room

Giordano's (pizza)

Heaven on Seven (Cajun)

Billy Goat Tavern (burgers)--Go to the original. I think it's Lower Michigan or Lower Wabash?

Get an Italian beef sandwich somewhere. We also love Chicago hot dogs, but the beef sandwiches are won-der-ful.

How did I miss you're in Chicago?

I love Chicago dogs so much that I bring home that neon relish and the bitty little peppers to Phoenix.

Re: Chicago style pizza. Know what you're getting into if you order it. It's really, really heavy. I couldn't eat more than one small slice lol

Second Girl and Goat and also Purple Pig. I loved RPM Italian--it's more of an upscale Mediterranean than a traditional Italian trattoria style though.

Edited by Barb_
  • Like 1

Russian Tea Room

Giordano's (pizza)

Heaven on Seven (Cajun)

Ditto on Demera!  Fantastic! 

• Like 1

How did I miss you're in Chicago?

I love Chicago dogs so much that I bring home that neon relish and the bitty little peppers to Phoenix.

Re: Chicago style pizza. Know what you're getting into if you order it. It's really, really heavy. I couldn't eat more than one small slice lol

Second Girl and Goat and also Purple Pig. I loved RPM Italian--it's more of an upscale Mediterranean than a traditional Italian trattoria style though.

I used to be in Chicago--grew up in the 'burbs and lived in the city for most of our adult lives. We have been living 6 hours away for the last four years. We miss Chicago badly, though we don't miss the congestion. :)

• Like 1