Menu

Dr. Hive, am I sick?

Terabith

Developed a migraine last night. Took meds, went to bed, and it's better but not gone and I have a sore throat. I went in for a strep test because I had that recently and it was negative. But I'm tired and increasingly achy. But, I could be achy from my back being a little messed up. I could be tired from not sleeping well. Could have allergies contributing to sore throat, though I don't usually have allergies. I don't feel well and mostly just want to go to bed, but there are a lot of things that I need/ want to do, as well. But if I'm contagious sick, I don't want to spread this. Just not sure whether it's a collection of random non contagious symptoms with benign explanations or if I'm ill and should stay home. My husband and youngest have been feeling crummy, too.

I hate to say this, but I'm a bit annoyed with you for exposing so many other people when you know you are ill.

You went to a con and stood in line to have a book signed, knowing that you were sick and could pass your illness along to others. Then you knowingly exposed your in-laws. I'm sorry, but that just wasn't a nice thing to do.

I'm sorry you're sick and hope you feel better soon, but next time, please think of others before you go out and spread your germs.

It's very possible that it's just a migraine and allergies. The symptoms all have a variety of explanations from sick to not contagious. That's why I've been ambivalent. The illness that seemed most likely, strep, was ruled out. I sat away from others at the con just to be safe.