Menu

Just a vent ... we are all sick and dh is the loudest sick person on the planet

dirty ethel rackham

This would just be a minor annoyance.  My stuff is my usual auto-immune stuff with the beginnings of a cold on top of it.  It would be no biggie ... just a little less energy.   But, I am going on 3 nights of very little sleep because everyone around me is sick and up at odd hours of the night.  But dh is the worst.  Not in the "man cold whining" sort of way, but when he coughs, he sounds like he is throwing up into a microphone and it seems to echo through the house.  When he blows his nose, it sounds like a duck call.  I swear he was waking he neighborhood.  Even when he rolls over in bed, it is with such force that you'd think he was 3 times his normal size.  All this sleep deprivation is really heightening my misophonia ... yeah, there is actually a name for my persnicketiness. 

Pray that I can keep breathing deeply (yes, I can still breathe here) so that I don't bite his head off ... or anyone else who crosses my path today. 

• Like 1

I'm so sorry. I sympathize because my DH is a very loud sneezer, cougher, and nose blower. He has sinus issues. If he sneezes near me I nearly jump out of my skin! I hope you can get some rest. Can you sleep in another room? Can you take a nap when he is not home? I hope everyone gets better soon.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

:grouphug:   My mil is a tiny person but she has the biggest sneeze of anyone I've ever known. The kind that make you jump if you don't know it's coming--and they hurt my ears too. And dh has inherited that same sneeze. :glare:

Hope you're all feeling better very soon!

Oh, you have my sympathies.  My dh makes an incredible noise whenever he sneezes or clears his throat or anything - I wonder how such a loud sound can come from someone.  The baby invaribly wakes up with her eyes all huge and her arms thrown out.

Poor baby.  

I'm familiar with that sneeze.  I honestly don't understand how someone can make such a noise when sneezing.  Is it deliberate?  There's that yell factor embedded *in* the sneeze, you know?  It's just so loud.  I wonder at times if it was learned behavior, or if it's completely involuntary.

The yell-sneezer in my life makes me jump out of my skin.  Bless his heart.  :)

• Like 1