Menu

Ever heard of a Tie Chair?

It is adorable and brilliant...at least it looks that way. I've never actually seen one in person. Mique at the 30 days blog is offering one as her giveaway for the week. I really want to win this one...but thought I'd share in case anyone else wants to try to win as well. I won't be so sad if I lose to one of my WTM buddies. :001_smile:

Guest Virginia Dawn

Yes, there used to be a lady on a country road here that made them for sale. When a man in the family died, people would bring her his old ties and she would weave a seat bottom out of them as a kind of visual memento.

Oops. heh heh. I guess these are not the same thing. I should have looked at the link first. :-)

Edited by Virginia Dawn

Yes, there used to be a lady on a country road here that made them for sale. When a man in the family died, people would bring her his old ties and she would weave a seat bottom out of them as a kind of visual memento.

Oops. heh heh. I guess these are not the same thing. I should have looked at the link first. :-)

What a beautiful memento! I'd never heard of that kind of tie chair either. I'm glad you didn't look at the link :001_smile:. Thanks for sharing!

It is adorable and brilliant...at least it looks that way. I've never actually seen one in person. Mique at the 30 days blog is offering one as her giveaway for the week. I really want to win this one...but thought I'd share in case anyone else wants to try to win as well. I won't be so sad if I lose to one of my WTM buddies. :001_smile:

my MIL has one for the grandkids. It's nicer than having to lug along the high chair for family events.