Menu

We got a new mattress...

bettyandbob

This is frivolous, but I want to tell someone.

Our old mattress was 26 years old. Apparently, 10 years is the expected life.

New mattress just came. It's so tall. I can't just sit down on my bed. I have to climb up to get in. Oh and it's so comfortable. I didn't realize how bad the old one was. I am not sure I can stop laying in bed and get stuff done this afternoon.

• Like 17

:hurray:

We got a new one 5 years ago that is also one of those that you have to "climb" up into.  I love it!!

Congratulations!  

I got a new oven yesterday.  The old one was 18 years old and down to two burners that kind of worked when they wanted to.  Switching from electric to gas.  I'm soooo excited!!!

I got a new oven yesterday.  The old one was 18 years old and down to two burners that kind of worked when they wanted to.  Switching from electric to gas.  I'm soooo excited!!!

I made it out of bed. 

Congrats on the new oven/range. I love gas, but haven't had it in years. 

• Like 1

Would you be willing to share what kind you got - or PM me.

We are still searching. Dh likes softer, I need firmer. Sleep number bed has conflicting reviews and is rather expensive besides my chiro was not too impressed with it.

I am now looking at a hybrid between foam and coils.

This is frivolous, but I want to tell someone.

Our old mattress was 26 years old. Apparently, 10 years is the expected life.

New mattress just came. It's so tall. I can't just sit down on my bed. I have to climb up to get in. Oh and it's so comfortable. I didn't realize how bad the old one was. I am not sure I can stop laying in bed and get stuff done this afternoon.

Wow, I thought I kept things forever!   26 years. 

So glad for you.  You will sleep so well.  Need a new mattress here too now, but only because more recent ones aren't made as well.  I think this one is only about 7 years old.  My former one was 20 years, at least. 

We got a sleep number mattress a year ago. I LOVE it! Dh and I have always disagreed about the firmness of mattresses ;) so it's perfect for us. I really like how I can sit up to read in bed at one setting and change it for when I actually sleep. Dh has knee issues (old injuries) and sometimes needs an even-more-firm setting on his side.

The sleep number combined with a heated mattress pad makes it difficult to get out if bed some mornings :lol:

The way we picked out a mattress was to stay somewhere for a week on vacation, notice that we both liked the mattress, and call to find out how to get one just like it.  Worked out great, although in order to make it match the height of our older bed we did have to get a 'buckyboard' box spring substitute to lower the overall height.  

Does it seem crazy to anyone else that a mattress should only have a 10 year life??  Ours is about 16 yrs old & still feels great...but I'm cheap.   :tongue_smilie:

Yeah, I thought that too.  Ours is 20 years old and I don't see a replacement anytime soon as we both sleep quite well on it.  We do have it on a platform instead of a box spring and I wonder if that helps extend the life.

Edited by cjzimmer1

Can I ask, is it really deep? I'm in the market for a new mattress (replaced a 20 year old with cheapo, which broke in less than 5!). I went to Sears a few weeks ago and they were all so deeeeep! I really don't want to replace all my sheets. How do people do it?

Can I ask, is it really deep? I'm in the market for a new mattress (replaced a 20 year old with cheapo, which broke in less than 5!). I went to Sears a few weeks ago and they were all so deeeeep! I really don't want to replace all my sheets. How do people do it?

we recently got a couple sets of new sheets (they were quite old and worn too). All the new sheets were deep pocket, so they were loose on our old mattress.