Menu

Why do I always end up with the same color dress?

AnnE-girl

DH and I are attending a work-related gala fundraiser next month. This will be our third time attending this event, we missed last year because DS2 was too young for me to leave him that long. And for the third time I've bought a dress that's almost the same purple-red color. It's not at all intentional, but it happened to be the dress that fit the best and was the most flattering. The styles are different. Three years ago, my dress was long, with cap sleeves and just the tiniest bit of a flared train. Two years ago, it was strapless and above the knee. This dress is below the knee and has a sort of jeweled collar neckline that shows off my shoulders. So all different styles, but almost the same color.

I highly doubt anyone remembers what I wore previous years. Our picture was in the publication for the group putting on the event two years ago, but I think it was in black and white. This is such a ridiculous "problem." Do I keep looking for another dress in case I find something else or just resign myself that this is apparently my signature color?

• Like 1

If I had my druthers, I'd wear black for everything because it is a good color on me. Dark red, intense royal blue, dark green, all good; but I prefer black.

I sometimes wonder what they'd do with me if I had new hair style, new clothing style and shoes. Kind of scary to think about. They'd probably want to dress me more like my age. 

I meant to add: :ack2: 

Edited by Gaillardia
  • Like 1

I always end up with the same color nail polish. :lol: Sounds like a different dress, so go with it!

I do this with lipstick. I'm looking at the color choices....those are too red...too orange...too dark plum...and then I come home with another rose/mauve and go, "Well this is virtually the same color as these other lipsticks!"

I vote signature color for the OP.

It could be your color.  It took me a bit to figure out that I look really nice in jewel tones and not so nice in pastels.  If I try on a dress that is pastel it looks wrong on me.  If I try on the same dress in a jewel tone, it looks awesome.  

That color is probably your color and when you try it on, something about it makes you look extra good.