Menu

White Board Cleaner?

Happy

I'm out of the commercial white board cleaner that came with my board....and I really want to take off last year's work so I can start filling it with 2017 stuff.

Any suggestions for a homemade cleaner? I figured The Hive would know....or am I doomed to head over to Walmart or the office supply store? A trip out would mean I have to do my hair.

Rubbing alcohol did the trick. One of my issues is that things stay written on my board for a whole year. It takes a bit to get them cleaned off.

And...yeah, I have a hat, but today the hair is sticking out all over. I'm not sure a hat would do the trick. :)

• Like 1

And...yeah, I have a hat, but today the hair is sticking out all over. I'm not sure a hat would do the trick. :)

Don't want to end up on People of WalMart? ;)

Google also suggests using Magic Erasers for stubborn spots on whiteboards. Maybe test a spot towards the bottom or something just in case.

• Like 1

Rubbing alcohol works great, especially for tough stains. We have huge white boards at work that often have stuff written on them for a year or longer. Rubbing alcohol has always worked, and those huge boards have been in heavy, daily use for about a decade, including Sharpie marks (that also are able to be cleaned off with rubbing alcohol, I believe, although I haven't been the one cleaning them.)

Nail polish remover is my go to for really really tough stains.

Windex or 409 or similar usually works in a pinch.