Menu

I'm looking for Psychology recommendations.

I have not used this but am considering it for my son. It can be found on cbd.com or homeschoolpsych.com. Homeschool Psych: Preparing Christian Homeschool Students for Psych 101

We used another book by Tim Rice (I heard that the content was the same as the one you mentioned but the formatting was different--we used Psychology, A Christian Perspective), and it was a good intro to Psychology, and easy to complete in a semester (which is what dd and I wanted). Sonlight has a year-long course that can end with taking the AP test for Psychology--that could be considered by someone wanting a more in-depth course.

Edited by MerryAtHope
  • Like 2

Youngest is taking AP Psych through PA Homeschoolers with Bonnie Gonzalez    http://www.aphomeschoolers.com/cgi-bin/choose.pl?class=psych

Been an interesting year so far.  Ms. Gonzalez has a keen enthusiasm for the subject, and assigns papers/projects/assignments that are worthwhile and (I feel) somewhat unique.  She has a relaxed attitude and encourages mastery. 

I can recommend!

• Like 1

Holt has an intro the psych book we plan to use next year.

This year, dd is watching The great courses mysteries of human behavior & reading some non fiction Psych books (Everything you need to know about Psychology and one from DK publishing).

Edited by Hilltopmom
  • Like 1