Menu

Marathon time: 4:23:13!!!

Woohoo!!!! We finished ahead of our hoped-for time!!! I ran the last 6 miles and it was SOOOOO much fun! There were people lining the streets for all but about one mile cheering us on. The finish was the BEST!!! Our team got 396th place out of 591 teams. So, not great, but not bad. They don't have our results up when compared to all-female teams yet though.

My split was 1 hour, 1 minute. I wanted to finish in an hour, but I guess I'll take just over an hour!!!

Now I want to find another race to run!

Edited by Jennifer in MI

Woohoo!!!! We finished ahead of our hoped-for time!!! I ran the last 6 miles and it was SOOOOO much fun! There were people lining the streets for all but about one mile cheering us on. The finish was the BEST!!!

My split was 1 hour, 1 minute. I wanted to finish in an hour, but I guess I'll take just over an hour!!!

You're my hero! Good for you.

I glanced at your subject line and wondered for a second if you ran the whole thing on your own, finishing in 4:23. "Man, she really went for it!" I thought.:D

Good job hitting your target finish time for your leg. I'm so glad you were able to do this, Jennifer, and that you had a good time.:) I'd like to do a ream relay like this some day.

It's always nice to have another race on the horizon, something to aim for. Didn't you say you were doing a race at Thanksgiving? We do a Turkey Trot, too. They have a kids fun run at the beginning and then a short (5k) race. I have two other races I always do in early December, too.

My oldest son and I did a 8k (4.8 miles) autumn trail race yesterday. It was a perfect morning for a run ~ ideal fall weather. He finished in 37 minutes and I came in a few minutes later at 40:43. that put me at right around a 8:15 mile pace so I was happy with that.

Edited by Colleen

You're my hero! Good for you.

Thanks!!!! It was SO much fun!!

:party:

Thanks!

I glanced at your subject line and wondered for a second if you ran the whole thing on your own, finishing in 4:23. "Man, she really went for it!" I thought.:D

Good job hitting your target finish time for your leg. I'm so glad you were able to do this, Jennifer, and that you had a good time.:) I'd like to do a ream relay like this some day.

It's always nice to have another race on the horizon, something to aim for. Didn't you say you were doing a race at Thanksgiving? We do a Turkey Trot, too. They have a kids fun run at the beginning and then a short (5k) race. I have two other races I always do in early December, too.

My oldest son and I did a 8k (4.8 miles) autumn trail race yesterday. It was a perfect morning for a run ~ ideal fall weather. He finished in 37 minutes and I came in a few minutes later at 40:43. that put me at right around a 8:15 mile pace so I was happy with that.

Sorry - didn't mean to fool you! LOL I highly recommend the relay. It was so much fun! I had to wait for 3 hours and that was VERY hard. I was SOOO nervous! But, it was fun to be a part of the marathon without having to run the whole thing.

Great job on your race too!! Your son seems to be taking after you! See - working out at a fast pace works for you! How was/is your back?

I think I need to start pushing myself during my workouts more in order to speed up during my races. I thought I was going so much faster than I was because I was passing a lot of people. But, those I was passing were those who had already run 20 miles!

Yes - I'm signed up for the Turkey Trot. I am signed up for the 5K, but I may switch it over to the 10K. I couldn't believe what an easy race it was for me today! I had only done that distance twice before.

That's awesome! Congratulations. :D

Thanks!!! It was an exciting day. Dd is wearing my medal and telling me how much she likes my "necklace!"

Woohoo!!!! We finished ahead of our hoped-for time!!! I ran the last 6 miles and it was SOOOOO much fun! There were people lining the streets for all but about one mile cheering us on. The finish was the BEST!!! Our team got 396th place out of 591 teams. So, not great, but not bad. They don't have our results up when compared to all-female teams yet though.

:hurray: Awesome!!!

Hey- do you want to run the New York Marathon with me in '09. I can get us in. Whaddya think?:001_smile:

:hurray: Awesome!!!

Hey- do you want to run the New York Marathon with me in '09. I can get us in. Whaddya think?:001_smile:

Seriously? You're going to run it?! Um, not me in '09. I'm just planning to run a few 10Ks next year and work my way slowly up to the 1/2 marathon next October (here in Detroit). Then, I hope to run the full marathon at Disney in '10. (They have a 7 hour finish time!)

I am so impressed! Runners amaze me.:001_smile:

I knew you could do it!!

Thanks!!! It's so nice to be on this end of it KNOWING I could do it too!!

:party:That is soooo great! You rock, Jennifer!

Thanks!!

Jennifer, that's fantastic! I'm so impressed. Great job!! *I* think 39th out of nearly 600 teams is EXCELLENT! And, you know, you ran through the streets of Detroit and came out alive. That's got to count for something! ;)

:party::party::party:

LOL - actually 369th. The marathon ran through a couple really nice neighborhoods and one little scary place. But, there were SO many volunteers along the streets and other runners, it was completely safe. Not something I'd do alone though!!

Yeah! Congrats!

I'm in awe. Running is only a dream for me... my knees cannot take the constant beating. I'll be walking a 1/2 this winter - it's good to be training, and it's easy on my "old lady" joints, and it's socializing. But, deep down, I would love to accomplish what you did!

Awesome!!! There were a ton of walkers for this 1/2 too! I do wonder if I'm hurting my knees!!

That sounds like a lot of fun.

:hurray:

Thanks.

I am so impressed! Runners amaze me.:001_smile:

Thanks!!! You' date=' too, could become a runner! It's a dangerous thing though as it's VERY addictive!

Hero in deed. What courage. I am working on having the courage. You just pushed me a few steps closer and I will look for a race to sign up for.

Oh do!!! Seriously - you'll have SO much fun and meet so many different people who have all sorts of different experiences with running. I now can't wait until my next race in November! What a high!

Jennifer, that's terrific!

Congratulations!!

Thanks!!!