Menu

Please suggest activity/game a small group of friends(moms aged 33-41)...

Leah_S

What is a fun activity/game a small group of friends (6 moms aged 33-41) can do at my house Friday night?  We'll be together about 4 hours or so.

I need two ideas:

1.    One activity that's just plain fun during which we don't talk  about what's on our minds (i.e. a great board game that makes you laugh.....that "Cards for Humanity"

looked cool but too nasty/inappropriate; wish there was a cleaned-up game that was similiar)

2.    One activity we can do WHILE we talk deeply/think (a relatively mindless game/activity).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

For #1: Telephone Pictionary?

All you need are lined 3x5 note cards and writing utensils.  With 6 players, give each player 6 note cards alternating blank side, lined side, and have them number and initial each card.  The first card they number and initial should be lined side front, the second card will be blank side front etc. (this helps to keep confusion at a minimum).  In the first round, everyone writes a silly phrase on lined card #1, like "Elvis goes grocery shopping" or "Three cheers for Mr. Toast!".  Pass the bundles of cards to the left.  For the second turn, the players read card #1, put it at the back of the stack and draw a picture of the phrase on blank card #2.  Pass the cards left again.  For the third turn, players look at the picture on card #2, put that card at the back of the stack and use lined card #3 to write what they think the picture is showing.  And on and on... card #4 will be a drawing, card #5 will be words, card #6 will be drawing.  Pass cards one last time to have them back with their original owner.

It's always really funny to look at the cards in the end.  If you have good artists in the group, ask them to draw with their non-dominant hand...

For #2 I would put out a bunch of adult coloring books/pages and markers.

Edited by Cecropia
  • Like 2

For #1: Telephone Pictionary?

All you need are lined 3x5 note cards and writing utensils. With 6 players, give each player 6 note cards alternating blank side, lined side, and have them number and initial each card. The first card they number and initial should be lined side front, the second card will be blank side front etc. (this helps to keep confusion at a minimum). In the first round, everyone writes a silly phrase on lined card #1, like "Elvis goes grocery shopping" or "Three cheers for Mr. Toast!". Pass the bundles of cards to the left. For the second turn, the players read card #1, put it at the back of the stack and draw a picture of the phrase on blank card #2. Pass the cards left again. For the third turn, players look at the picture on card #2, put that card at the back of the stack and use lined card #3 to write what they think the picture is showing. And on and on... card #4 will be a drawing, card #5 will be words, card #6 will be drawing. Pass cards one last time to have them back with their original owner.

It's always really funny to look at the cards in the end. If you have good artists in the group, ask them to draw with their non-dominant hand...

For #2 I would put out a bunch of adult coloring books/pages and markers.

This sounds like a fun game! I am guessing you could make this Christmas themed by asking everyone to write their favorite Christmas song instead of a phrase. I might steal this idea for the brunch I am hosting next week.

Edited by school17777