Menu

Weather tech or weather tech knock offs?

DawnM

I want to ask for rubber mats for Christmas for our new to us car.

Weather tech will be about $300 for front, back, and cargo area.

Is there another company that makes them for less that are just as quality?

I don't want to get something that I will just regret, but if there really is a good company out there that is trustworthy and looks and fits as nice, I would like to look.

Thanks!,

Dawn

I don't want to get something that I will just regret, but if there really is a good company out there that is trustworthy and looks and fits as nice, I would like to look.

I just bought Dh weather tec for his truck. He love them. Not sure about knock offs.

Thanks!,

Dawn

I love our weather techs- could you delay or skip buying the ones for the cargo area? We don't have any of our cargo areas covered but we don't carry anything wet or dirty. 

Yes, and actually, I was thinking of just getting the front right now.  I see you can get just those.

I think what I am seeing is that the quality of WT might be similar to generic brands, but the WT are custom fit.   Is that the case?

I have never had rubber mats, but I am a bit messy and I think that this is what I would like for Christmas, or at least the front ones.  

This is for our new car that we are going to pick up TODAY!  :hurray:   Well, new to us.....it is a 2014.

• Like 1

Oh gosh, they sound awesome, but my car is only worth about $400.00 with a full tank of gas and a trunk full of groceries so the thought of expensive car mats made me LOL.

Annnnnd now I'm imagining attaching those mats to a skateboard and having a better vehicle than I currently drive.

I need to get up and have some coffee.

• Like 5

Love my Weather Techs. DH has some and they are going strong 13 years later. They look new still.

I bought mine a few years ago from Amazon. Check their warehouse for some discounted ones. I saved quite a bit getting them from there.

I don't know what Amazon warehouse is.

Thanks!,

Dawn

Check EBay.  I bought mine there.

I can't find any deals at all for my make/model.  I will wait until Cyber Monday but if there aren't any deals by then, I will just order.  GRRRR

It is $180 or so for the front of the car, front seat and back seat.  DH said to at least get that.

It's the custom fit that makes them so wonderful.

I would match the wats to the carpets, so if the carpets are dark, get the dark mats

The cargo carpet is light/tan. The rest is black. We were actually surprised. I don't think I have ever seen a car with two very different carpet colors in it.