Menu

Sharing what I discovered

Scarlett

Everyone else probably knows this but I discovered yesterday how to make gmail unthreaded. It is what I always have hated about gmail vs Outlook. I can't belive I never knew it until now.

Oh, I hate that. How do you fix it?

• Like 2

Everyone else probably knows this but I discovered yesterday how to make gmail unthreaded. It is what I always have hated about gmail vs Outlook. I can't belive I never knew it until now.

What do you mean threaded?

My gmail does not associate replies with the original message. They are listed like they come in.

Yes Conversations off. So simple.  I can't believe I never knew this!  I kept thinking the threaded way must have some advantage that I just wasn't 'getting' yet.  But it has been like 3 years so I am glad to get to go back to the way I prefer.

I figured this out because on dh's Yahoo account two unrelated emails came in and merged on one email.  I was freaked out becaue one was from a person helping him with his resume and the other was from a headhunter!  I told dh to not even reply to the headhunter....I had him start a new email.  Anyway so I googled for an explanation as to why that happened and that is when I found info on how to turn off the threaded feature all together.  

• Like 3

What do you mean threaded?

My gmail does not associate replies with the original message. They are listed like they come in.

Check and see if your setting has 'conversation' on or off.  If it is on emails from and to the same person get put all in one email...in a threaded manner.  Until as someone else pointed out, someone changes the subject....then it starts a new one.  I think.  It is very confusing and I have always disliked it.  Conversation off lets the emails stay listed in the in box in the order they come in.

I LOVE threaded. It's what I love about Gmail. It's especially useful when emailing DH when he's deployed or at training. His connectivity is sporadic, so I can keep the conversations straight and see what I have and have not updated him on.

I find it weird that you people don't like threaded emails. Weirdos. :P

• Like 1