Menu

Had to share my good news too!

Blessing number 1: First of all...if you remember my disaster with the house/pet sitters (whose own dog ATE my kitchen and a bit of kitchen floor and bedroom carpet and scratched the footboard of my new bed ) just about every bit of the damage has been fiixed and they are working on the rest.

I was really worried about having to go to home to face cancer treatment AND a destroyed home! This is a huge relief! And I am so grateful!

Blessing number 2: Our home got some damage from Ike. It needs a new roof, a new fense, siding on the house and a new skirt. And though our insurance was going to give us a check to pay for the damage they were only going to give us half of it to begin with. They said they would not give us the ohter half until the rest was repaired and we proved it was taken care of. We were really upset by this.

But they sent us a check for the entire amount! Now we can get all of it taken care of so much easier.

Blessing number 3: Since my dh is taking me and the kids home (so I can get started with the doctors at M.D. Anderson while he is here working) he no longer needs this two bedroom condo for the month of November. He was considering just moving to a hotel for the last 4 weeks of his business here...which would have been a real pain since he is settled here. But it would have been cheaper than this condo. BUT...there was a penalty for leaving the condo early (end of Oct. hen out lease was through end of November.) So because of this, moving to a hotel would not have saved us any money.

I called and explained the situation to the business who rents out the condo ...and she told us that they would not penalize us if he chose to leave at the end of October. And furthermore if he decided to stay here in the condo they would lower the rent by 1,000.00. That price made it probably a bit cheaper than a motel for a month so he is getting to stay here where he is comfortable and we are saving money.

I just know that the Lord is looking down on us, knowing we have so much to go through in the next few (or more) months and he is working to make it as easy as possible.

And I am thankful. :)

Blessing number 1: First of all...if you remember my disaster with the house/pet sitters (whose own dog ATE my kitchen and a bit of kitchen floor and bedroom carpet and scratched the footboard of my new bed ) just about every bit of the damage has been fiixed and they are working on the rest.

I was really worried about having to go to home to face cancer treatment AND a destroyed home! This is a huge relief! And I am so grateful!

Blessing number 2: Our home got some damage from Ike. It needs a new roof, a new fense, siding on the house and a new skirt. And though our insurance was going to give us a check to pay for the damage they were only going to give us half of it to begin with. They said they would not give us the ohter half until the rest was repaired and we proved it was taken care of. We were really upset by this.

But they sent us a check for the entire amount! Now we can get all of it taken care of so much easier.

Blessing number 3: Since my dh is taking me and the kids home (so I can get started with the doctors at M.D. Anderson while he is here working) he no longer needs this two bedroom condo for the month of November. He was considering just moving to a hotel for the last 4 weeks of his business here...which would have been a real pain since he is settled here. But it would have been cheaper than this condo. BUT...there was a penalty for leaving the condo early (end of Oct. hen out lease was through end of November.) So because of this, moving to a hotel would not have saved us any money.

I called and explained the situation to the business who rents out the condo ...and she told us that they would not penalize us if he chose to leave at the end of October. And furthermore if he decided to stay here in the condo they would lower the rent by 1,000.00. That price made it probably a bit cheaper than a motel for a month so he is getting to stay here where he is comfortable and we are saving money.

I just know that the Lord is looking down on us, knowing we have so much to go through in the next few (or more) months and he is working to make it as easy as possible.

And I am thankful. :)

I am so happy for you!

Frankly, I find your attitude and approach to life very inspiring. :001_smile:

And yet another HUGE blessing!

Dh just called to let me tell me this fabulous news!

background info: he has degenerative disk disease. He stays in an incredable amount of pain and takes an incredable amount of pain medication. Enough to drop a horse if you ask me. His body apparently needs every bit of it because he is never 'high'. VERY sober...and in pain.

And he has never ever been able to get a stinking doctor to give him an MRI on his back. They just take a look at his x-rays points out the problem he knows is already there and tells him he will have to live with it.

A dr. in CA finally gave him one a couple of days ago. The doctor told him NO WONDER he is in pain. Beides the degerative problems (which not too much can be done about) he has a herniated disk that is like 7 mm and almost pinching him off completely. He had been out of meds and getting really desperate and the doctor (pain management doctor) was not wanting to give him any. He relented after this.

But we are thrilled. Degenerative problems is hard ot fix but THIS can be fixed...and he can be out of much of his pain and off of allllllll these drugs!

I am so thankful that I am in tears. My best friend can soon feel much, much better!

God is so good!