Menu

Please pray...hurricane related

Mama Geek

It is looking better this afternoon then it was this morning for you. That has got to help! Maybe tomorrow Florida will not even be in the cone. 30 miles inland you will not be thinking of surge so it would just be winds and rain. Is there someone that you trust near your house now that can board it up for you? I am not sure I would cancel my trip as you are WAY safer where you are right now if the worst should happen. And at the end of the day that is the most important thing. 

Prayers that you are not effected by this storm!

• Like 1

IF we leave tomorrow we won't make it there by Friday anyway, it will be in order to get there and start dealing with any damage as soon as possible. I figure the most likely problem would be roof related which could end up doing lots of damage in the house if not dealt with quickly.  We have family who is going to try to put anything inside that isn't already.  Dh has been working away from home for awhile and we have been with him.

• Like 2

I think you will be good. Odds are your family (assuming they are not in your immediate area) or you would be in good shape should the unthinkable happen. If you are both in bad shape, then you have other issues... and those issues would not be helped with you home anyway. 

ETA Having said all that, my step father who is in Ohio right now, but lives outside Tampa just saw my Facebook post about this storm and he is not happy. He is also away for work. So I can understand your frustration right now. Sadly they are 30 miles inland either but they are on the west coast of florida. 

Edited by 3 ladybugs
  • Like 1

Personally, I'm voting for Matthew to head over to the eastern side of the cone - away from FL and the Carolinas entirely.

Best wishes for your house and prayers for all in the path.

That's my vote, too.

The west side of the storm is the weaker side. Hopefully, just the fact that it's skirting to the east will be positive for the mainland.