Menu

What's your favorite nonfiction genre?

What's your favorite nonfiction genre?  

1. 1. What's your favorite nonfiction genre?

• Biography and memoirs
    • Family and relationships/Health and well-being
    • Food and drink
    • History
    • How-to and instruction
    • Music and entertainment/Sports
    • Religion and spirituality
    • Science and nature
    • Social and cultural studies
    • Travel and adventure

To which genre do you usually gravitate?

I'm limited to 10 choices for this poll, so I'm not able to include them all. I also realize that there are many combinations of different genres, so I selected the multiple choice option where you can choose more than one. I realize people read more than one genre, but I'm asking what your favorite is. Even if you have several favorite books from different genre categories, please select the one/s you prefer most.

Thanks!

I gravitate to these books the most. Although I enjoy all non-fiction so I could easily have changed my answer to any of them if I stared at the poll long enough, lol.:001_smile:

Looook at the light ... you are getting very, very sleepy ...

History. Especially Civil War history. I love Lincoln!

Need an I heart Lincoln button for your avatar? ;)

Ooooo I LOVE biographies. Love, love, love them. History runs a close second.

I chose biographies, too. I wonder if the Food and Drink category includes cookbooks, does that mean books about mixing drinks is in the running? Oh, wait, wine books. *smacks forehead*

Crime & medical. I guess they could fall under history, but I don't seek out history. I seek out books about crimes and medical mysteries. For example, Jack the Ripper, Jon Benet Ramsey, History of Forensics, The Bubonic Plague, Plaques, Pox and Pestilence, and other such cheerful topics :D

Crime & medical. I guess they could fall under history, but I don't seek out history. I seek out books about crimes and medical mysteries. For example, Jack the Ripper, Jon Benet Ramsey, History of Forensics, The Bubonic Plague, Plaques, Pox and Pestilence, and other such cheerful topics :D

True crime was an option, but I was limited to 10 choices and I didn't know where to put it. Alongside How-to and instruction? ;)

So I picked science but I also read a lot of history.

I created the poll, even mentioned the multiple choice options, and then promptly forgot when I voted. :001_rolleyes:

I love Food and Drink. Especially as it relates to history and culture.

I love food and drink, too. Oh, wait ... erm ... :D

History and biographies.

It looks like history's a winner. Funny to see that on a classical homeschooling board. :tongue_smilie: