Menu

Ellen McHenry Freebie and New Class

I love Ellen McHenry's stuff! She has a new video course for older students called Mapping the Body with Art. 

You can get Module 1 for 75% off and Module 2 for FREE and that makes a full semester for like $7 or so. The details are here: http://homeschoolgiveaways.com/2016/07/new-course-from-ellen-mchenry-freebie-75-coupon/

It says "Mapping the Body with Art is unlike any other Anatomy & Physiology course. What makes this course different from most others is that it is not based on a textbook and does not require a lot of reading."

That makes this course very attractive to me :)

Just wanted to share. Enjoy!

• Like 7

And just a heads up... I sent her an effusive email because I just had to tell her how much my kids love her materials, and she said she should be coming out with another unit in January or so. Rocks and Minerals. So I have a feeling we'll be heading back to earth science in sixth grade!

• Like 1

Does anybody know if her eBooks need to be accessed/completed within a certain timeframe, or can one purchase them now for use later down the road?

They are PDFs you just download, save and print when you are ready. You can make multiple copies for family use.

• Like 1

Wow, this looks amazing! Would you think her other life-science courses would be prerequisites (such as Cells, The Brain, etc)?

Bump and another question for anyone who has taken a serious look at this: I know it is intended for high school students, but do you think this curriculum would work for a motivated/capable middle school student? My DD did her Mapping the World with Art curriculum last year and we both loved the short text passages followed by the video drawing lessons. I think she would really dig this and has already completed middle school level life science. I'm thinking of delaying DO Physical Science by one year.

Bump and another question for anyone who has taken a serious look at this: I know it is intended for high school students, but do you think this curriculum would work for a motivated/capable middle school student? My DD did her Mapping the World with Art curriculum last year and we both loved the short text passages followed by the video drawing lessons. I think she would really dig this and has already completed middle school level life science. I'm thinking of delaying DO Physical Science by one year.

Not sure about middle school.  I looked it over.  I am going to use this as part of dd's grade 11 Biology 2 year.  It is awesome!  I love her chats.  Wish I would have had it when I took Bio 2!

• Like 1