Menu

anyone sell on ebay or amazon?

gardenmom5

tips for a newb please.

I have items that have never been opened or in otherwise excellent condition I can sell on amazon - and my understanding is just send it to them and they'd ship it to the buyer.  what does that cost me?  (I think I can drop them off at an amazon locker?)

and other more unique items that I would try to sell on ebay.

• Like 1

I've done it a few times. 

I was considered a 3rd party seller so if someone bought something I shipped it to them directly. Make sure you check how much it will cost to ship vs. how much amazon pays for shipping. 

It wasn't hard to do. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in. 

• Like 1

OP What you refer to is FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon).  I personally avoid FBA Sellers, however, I suspect there are other Buyers who prefer FBA Sellers. Why do I avoid them? Because if I send them a message on Amazon, asking them where it will be shipped from, or to verify the ISBN number, or something, they cannot answer my questions. They have no clue.  Also I avoid FBA Sellers because when looking at some Feedbacks where a Buyer complained, Amazon writes something like "it was Amazons fault) and they remove the Negative rating, so the FBA Seller has a Feedback rating that is false.   On the other hand, I am contemplating buying a textbook from someone on Amazon who has zero feedback at this time. But they are not FBA, and I can send them a message, asking them to verify the ISBN number, asking them to verify that the textbook complies with the "Used - Like New" condition guidelines that Amazon has for used books and asking them if they will provide a tracking number.  I would rather buy from someone with no feedback than from someone who is an FBA Seller.  GL with many sales!

Selling on Amazon is easy enough without having amazon ship it. You just list the item and condition, write a description of it and wait. Once it sells you package it up and mail it. You'll make more money this way because I'm sure amazon takes a bigger get if they do the shipping.

I no lo get sell on ebay. It simply is not what it used to be and I'm not as successful because the site is saturated with people selling things they buy wholesale. I have better luck selling on local sale sites

I will pay more for a "Fulfilled by Amazon" item 99% of the time, than I will from a private seller.  I, like many other "Prime" members, have become impatient and want my stuff in 2 days.  Granted, I do a LOT of shopping on Amazon that I *ought* to run to Walmart for, but I despise shopping, so Amazon it is.

(That isn't to say I won't buy from a private seller, I do, and I shop eBay, as well, but if I'm on Amazon, I probably want it fast, and FBA is Prime-eligible.)

I've sold on Amazon for some 15 years. If you have a good scale, you can package at home and have the label deducted from the $ for a very small fee. My mail carrier is fine picking up from my mailbox as long as I don't give him more than 3" thick of packages at once. Sometimes I even put them in a grocery bag hanging from the mailbox. Or with the pre-printed label, you can drop off at any mailbox without going to a post office. Sometimes if I have a lot, DH or my college kid drop them off.

For me, I'd get so little from Amazon as a FBA seller that it wouldn't be worth it.

I alway make my books the cheapest and adjust prices daily. If the price goes too low, I put them on either Paperback Swap or donate them to the library.

I do FBA and like the convenience that I can sell on my schedule, as in I ship in when I have a large enough set of items to justify the time and I don't have to pay attention to when something sold or ship to buyers. And then random deposits show up in my account. ;)

• Like 2

For those that sell merchant fulfilled via Amazon, what service do you use to pay for and print the shipping labels?

I do it directly through Amazon. It's $0.07 to print it yourself, and tracking is free. I only buy insurance for books that are $25 or more, and at that level I either choose Priority Mail (which includes insurance to $50) or I pay for it there.

Keep in mind that they also take out a fee once you sell the item.

I much prefer selling on Amazon versus other places because it's low-effort overall.

I have a seller's account with Amazon and I fulfill the orders myself. (It's book sellers.) I opened the account to re-sell my college texts, but have also sold homeschool materials on there. I basically just sell things that are pricier, because I'm not going to knock myself out over a $2 book.

I also have an Etsy shop where I sell bracelets. I plan to sell some other items on there, too, but just bracelets at present.