Menu

Olympic Swim Trials

PinkTulip

Hi from Omaha! We are having a great time at the swimming trials. My dd1 swam Sunday in the 400 IM. She swam well, only the second time under the qualifying time :). She tied for 50th.

A time trial tomorrow and the 200 fly on Wednesday!

Good for her!  What a grueling event to swim, but so fun to watch!

• Like 2

Hi from Omaha! We are having a great time at the swimming trials. My dd1 swam Sunday in the 400 IM. She swam well, only the second time under the qualifying time :). She tied for 50th.

200 fly??? Wow!!! The best of luck to her, hope it goes well! How fun to be there 🙌
  • Like 2

Go MysteryJen's daughter! WooHoo! I'm completely in awe that she has earned the right to even dip her toe in that pool, let alone swimming so well. You must be so incredibly proud of her! I sure am!

• Like 4

Wow!!!!!

So amazing that you dd is there and swimming.   Is this her first time there?  Has she met any of the top names?  Missy? Phelps?  

So cool.  Cheering her on!!

• Like 1

One of my neighbors is swimming - she did great in her first event and her second is Thursday. I'm so proud of all of her hard work! We've watched her grow up from summer swim team to year round to university swim team and now Olympic Trials! It's just amazing!

• Like 1

I know a couple swimmers there right now. We can only watch on You Tube, if/when something is posted.

I have a feeling we'll know quite a few in 2020 and 2024. PonyGirl worked up her 3,6,9 month, and 4 year goals yesterday. She always thought she was a distance swimmer, until this past season. She can still rock the long course, but she shocked herself with her Sprint times. She's following Cassidy Bayer and Katie Ledecky with interest. Bayer, because she's an incredibly gifted short swimmer. Ledecky, because of her training strategy.

• Like 1