Menu

If you could live anywhere in the US, where would you live?

mommyoffive

I was thinking Asheville, NC myself.  Although not sure about the public transportation.

I can think of several places that meet 2 out of 3 of your criteria.

I'm sure that we'll have no choice but to settle for 2/3 of the things we want!  :-)  So I'm all ears if you have some other suggestions!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We stopped there once on the way back from a holiday in Estes Park, and we both thought it seemed like a really good fit for us.  It helped us to decide that we liked university towns and led us many years later to our present location.

We also like University towns. My SIL and her husband live in a lovely one with a great vibe that would be great if weren't in the middle of cold, snowy mountains.

Asheville? Raliegh Durham area in NC?

SaveSave

If DH wins the relocation debate, this area is probably where we'll go. We do like it there, though it is too close to mountains and far from beach to be ideal for me.

We also like University towns. My SIL and her husband live in a lovely one with a great vibe that would be great if weren't in the middle of cold, snowy mountains.

I am so sick of this desert heat, that sounds like heaven!  Would you mind telling me where they live (feel free to PM me if you don't want to say publicly)?

I've very happy in Houston and I wouldn't mind living here my whole life although I'd like to move to Galveston or the inner loop instead of the northern suburbs although I might find myself missing the pines and the trail network. There are lots of interesting small theater companies, art galleries, a vibrant classical music scene and some great restaurants to explore. Now that Trinqueta is older, I have a buddy to do stuff with if dh isn't interested. Once my weekends are freer, I'd like to learn to kayak on the bayous.