Menu

pictures of turkey bacon

SparklyUnicorn

Nope- definitely does not. I'm guessing it sounded better for marketing than fried thin strips of turkey. Kind of like tofu burgers. Not burgers. But more tempting to try than tofu patty. (Theoretically- I'm still not trying them though). :)

My FIL eats soy bacon.  it always smells really good while it is cooking (in the microwave).  But then... your mouth is all ready for delicious bacon and the fake stuff hits the tongue and... oh no!

Edited by marbel
  • Like 1

Absolutely nothing tastes better.

Do you have Denny's there? They're having a baconpalooza. Three different types of bacon AND a bacon shake.

Do you have Denny's there? They're having a baconpalooza. Three different types of bacon AND a bacon shake.

I love bacon, but I don't like the combo of bacon and sweet, so some of the bacon things at Denny's don't appeal.

• Like 1

I have yet to try the combo of bacon and sweet.

I can't believe I haven't tried that combo...

I couldn't bring myself to try it for years, but then dh and I went out to dinner one night with another couple who was about to fly to Vegas and get married. Our server told the chef, who created this spectacular Elvis inspired dessert plate with everything from peanut butter and banana monte Cristo type thing to shots of bacon shakes. Freaking delicious. I have not had the one at Denny's yet, but that was more because I wanted to fit into my pants this weekend. After consuming every scrap of my Moons over My Hammy I couldn't justify it.

You've never gotten maple syrup (or if you're like me and you hate maple syrup, some other sweet pancake topping) on your bacon?  

• Like 2

Bacon shakes sound kinda gross, and I wasn't impressed with the maple bacon donuts at the shop around the corner, but I really want to make candied bacon. I don't want to eat it, because I know it'll make me feel like crap. But I just want to cook it. And smell it.

Maple syrup on bacon is really good.... or at least it used to be back when I could have syrup.

• Like 1

My first time trying a bacon-sweet combo was at Burger King a few years ago. They had bacon brownie sundaes with caramel and they were tasty!

My first time trying a bacon-sweet combo was at Burger King a few years ago. They had bacon brownie sundaes with caramel and they were tasty!

Bacon AND brownies?! My mouth is watering. This is a heck of a time for this thread. It's just too big of a temptation for my PMS riddled brain.

I really like turkey bacon but you can't get it in Australia. We tasted it for the first time in the Middle East and we switched entirely (partly because it wasn't easier to get than the real thing but also because it seemed less fatty). I've done some searching here, but can't find it at all.