Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Not much planned today.  In laws are here.  They don't want to go to the beach, and it is too hot (for them) to do anything outdoors.  Really not sure what we are going to do with them.  It is going to be a loooong week.

-coffee

-work out (HiiT cardio)

-shower

-finish the book I'm reading

-deposit checks in bank

-figure out how to get to store an hour away to try on dress for graduation without my MIL wanting to come along

-take MIL to a quilt fabric store

-shepherd oldest through studying for his last two finals

-figure out where to go to dinner (MIL as life threatening food allergy to chicken, turkey, and duck (including any broth from them) so this gets a little dicey)

-take oldest to meet his friends for a movie and disco bowling

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 3

Good morning! I am signing off for a week. Vacation. 

Drive to the mountains.

Enjoy the weekend with friends.

Drop kids at camp.

Enjoy 5 nights and 4 days with Dh and no kids. We will be home most of the time, but Dh is off work and I will  try to do some work/projects and some just fun stuff during those days. 

Drive back, pick up kids and come home to get ready for out of town company.

• Like 4

So....... Woke up feeling great this morning, hoping it lasts.  We were at my mom and dad's until 12:30 last night and then got home around 1, but my sister was there and my niece and they got a lot of one of the trees cut up.  Fun night and productive.  

DH- finish mudding basement AM

DH - texture basement living room PM

Me - Weed flower garden AM

Me - Laundry all day

Kids - Wild thing activities all day. :D  I foresee a lot of Boxcar Children orphan play today. :p :D

Edited by BlsdMama
  • Like 2

Well, I was just getting ready to post here, when I heard a telltale noise.  Scrape chuka chuka tung flepp.  Then footsteps running from my kids' bedroom toward the front door.  I called out:  "did you guys knock your screen out of your window?"  Yep.  :P  No biggie, I showed them how to put it back in.

They were supposed to go horse riding this morning, but Miss E claimed she still felt pukey (though you wouldn't know it by looking at her now).  They haven't had a "weekly" lesson since April 23.  And they will be out of town a lot over the next couple months.  I just hope everyone stays healthy over the summer.

The kids have some work to do, and I hope they will play outside a lot since the weather is great.  There is a new DVD movie they can watch later if they finish their work and play outside.

Meanwhile, I will be working.  And hopefully doing some laundry.

Some exercise at some point (for me) would be nice too.

• Like 1

Finished the flower garden and it looks amazing.  However.....  I have no idea what she had in it previously as we tilled everything, ripped out bushes, and started from scratch.  Weeding today - I think I must have killed a LOT of lilies?  I see baby lilies everywhere.  We save them (probably about 60?) and hopefully I can grow them out and find spots for them!  Or I just transplanted fancy grass, lol.  

DH is rocking and rolling down the basement.  His talents sometime amaze me.

And now, frankly, I feel lazy.  :P 

I think a game of Agricola is in our future.   :hurray:

• Like 1

Dd has totally upended my day.  I vegged out all morning.  I haven't been feeling well lately.  But I planned to drop dd off at her open gym and then she was going to spend the afternoon with a friend.  But now I find out that they are not spending the afternoon together so I can't just drop her off.  But even though I took my laptop with me while I sit around for a couple of hours, I can't do the finances and bills that need serious attention because it's a public wi-fi.  It's too far from home to drop off and pick her up later.