Menu

Paging Dr. Hive (kind of gross)

Sandragood1

I have now had two episodes, five days apart, of being violently ill. For about 3 hours or so. Both ends. It feels as if I've been punched in the gut for the first 12 hours afterwards.

It was about four days after the first episode that my body seemed normal again. I have had some nausea for the past two-three weeks.

Any ideas?

I'm hoping to get in to see my doc tomorrow but I would like to have some ideas.

Thank you

Sandra

I have now had two episodes, five days apart, of being violently ill. For about 3 hours or so. Both ends. It feels as if I've been punched in the gut for the first 12 hours afterwards.

It was about four days after the first episode that my body seemed normal again. I have had some nausea for the past two-three weeks.

Any ideas?

I'm hoping to get in to see my doc tomorrow but I would like to have some ideas.

Thank you

Sandra

Sounds like how my egg allergy started :/

Allergies can present like that. Also Google "dumping syndrome."

ETA: I should add that, from what I've read, people who haven't had gastric bypass can have dumping syndrome too. If you google it talks a lot about people post-bypass having it, but you can have it from other things, too.

Edited by Mergath

I don't have any pain now, 24 hours out except ankle pain from my formerly broken joint. That is normal. My guts are still gurgling and loose but there's no pain per se.

It did occur to me, on seeing the allergy posts, that on both occasions I had an ibuprofen within 12 hours prior. I've never had a problem with it before though I haven't really had any since February. I suppose I could take one and find out but I can't bring myself to do that yet.

I had been doing hflc prior to all this. I stopped around a week before. Maybe that effects gallbladder?

Thank you for your responses. You have given me some good ideas.

Ecoli?

DS and I both had it a few years back after eating raw spinach.  We didn't know it was E coli at the time, but about a week after we ate it, there was a recall for the same product/ same time week at a store we go to, so we assume it was the source.