Menu

Just for Fun...What was your very first date movie?

Ewe Mama

When DH and I met I worked at a discount theater that gave employees free tickets and popcorn.  I asked him out and we saw The Matrix.  The first time he asked me out we saw Phantom Menace. Poor guy was so excited to introduce me to Star Wars.  It took me YEARS before I'd finally sit down and watch the original trilogy due to that movie.  :)

I can't find the post!

Someone else said Blazing Saddles, which totally cracked me up because that was also my first date movie at a young age and I thought nobody would have known what I was talking about...

I guess I didn't understand Mel Brooks humor at the time so I didn't totally get it and felt a little uneasy.

• Like 1

Huh, well, not sure what constitutes a date, so that is tough.  Our boarding school had movie night every Friday night.   When I had a boyfriend, I would sit with him.  But I don't remember being asked out to one of those.

My DH and I went to see Forest Gump as our first date.  I didn't know it was a date.  I thought we were going as friends.  Oops.

I also didn't know my first date with DH was a date.  :lol: He was a nice, Christian boy who thought that inviting me to join the youth group at the movies was the same as asking me on a date. The next night the same group went to the drive in. By this time he thought we were dating, since we'd gone out two nights in a row! I thought he was just a nice guy who was trying to include the new girl in the group. 

I don't remember any of the movies, though. 

• Like 1

My first "date" movie was actually a big group of kids who went to see Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. My middle school boyfriend and I held hands (ooh, scandalous!) so it was considered a date by all my friends at that time.

Beauty and the Beast..lol. I don't know why we picked a Disney movie...but it was pretty good.

My now-DH took me to see the stage version of Beauty and the Beast on Broadway for our second date. As a small-town Midwesterner I was impressed. :)

First movie date was Dirty Dancing. Second movie date was also Dirty Dancing (different guy).

When my now-husband first asked me out and we were deciding what to do on our first date Dirty Dancing 2 was in theaters. I was tempted to ask if we could see it, but decided I didn't want our first date to be a crappy movie for a reason that only I would find amusing.

Dirty Dancing was my first sleepover (girls only) movie. It was at my best friends grandmas house. I was afraid my mom wouldn't approve, so I mostly sat reading a book. I do remember my friends rewinding the tape like a million times during a part where Patrick Swayze gets out of bed. They were trying to prove whether he had undies on or not. I don't remember the verdict. I also remember us trying all the dance moves with each other, with sectional couch cushions to break our falls. Ahh, good times.