Menu

Have any of you used this natural deodorant? Can you recommend one?

1GirlTwinBoys

My husband uses the rock salt deodorant. It is the only thing that doesn't give him a rash (and I have made him try at least a dozen natural deodorants).

Ditto. Every single other natural deodorant I've tried not only doesn't work but gives me a horrible rash that gets worse and worse. Even of conventional deodorants I have to use very strong ones, but the crystal deodorants, used immediately after showering before any bacteria can grow, work beautifully. I apply them at night after my shower and again in the morning and they're all that can stop my body odor.

It's sadly genetic and doesn't discriminate against females in this family :)

I tried using the rock but when I got up the next morning to go run, I was already stinky - I hadn't even done any exercise yet!

So I put regular deodorant on and never looked at the rock again.

DH switched over to Arm&Hammer, which isn't natural but is better than a lot of others.  

Astro is the only kid who needs it so far - he did a spray from the himalayan salt stuff until that wasn't enough - now he uses A&H, too.

I like Tom's for me.  My stinky teen uses Tom's Antipersperant, rather than just the deoderant version that I use, and I don't know if it qualifies as truly natural. But it works for her, and my NorCal Goddess Runner buddy types swear by it as the only think that doesn't leave them all pitted out.

My kiddo uses Tom's.

I use milk of magnesia (from the bottle, not the deodorant that is made from MoM). I put it in a little screw-top canister for travel. If you let it sit out with the lid off, it will get a little thicker. For some reason, it thickens as it sits anyway, and sometimes you have to pour fresher stuff from the bottle to keep it from becoming paste. At any rate, it's the most effective thing I've ever used under my arms except Lady Mitchum.

I use milk of magnesia (from the bottle, not the deodorant that is made from MoM). I put it in a little screw-top canister for travel. If you let it sit out with the lid off, it will get a little thicker. For some reason, it thickens as it sits anyway, and sometimes you have to pour fresher stuff from the bottle to keep it from becoming paste. At any rate, it's the most effective thing I've ever used under my arms except Lady Mitchum.

A second vote for MoM at our house.  We use it straight out of the bottle typically, but it is easier to apply if you let it thicken up a little, so I leave some in a small dish exposed to air.  So effective, better than any store bought natural deodorant (and some not so natural) I have tried.  It doesn't sting freshly shaven skin.  It won't go completely clear when dried, if that is important to you, but never stained any clothing that I am aware of.