Menu

Chocolate Fondue

mom31257

I need chocolate fondue for tomorrow afternoon. I've never made any before and have some questions. It is for a very small group, so I'm going to use my 2 quart crock pot. It has warm, low, and high settings. 

If I make this in the crock pot, how long does it take from start to being ready to use?  

How long would be too long for the fondue to sit in a crock pot?

Does anyone know a way to make a dairy-free, low carb version? 

Thanks!!!

• Like 1

I wouldn't make it in the crock pot.  I have no idea if the crock pot thing will work to keep it warm. I guess it will, but I would make sure it was already warm when you put your melted chocolate in it.  

When I make chocolate fondue, I do it in a double bowler made of a metal mixing bowl over a pan of water.  Sometimes I pour it into the fondue pot depending on who is over eating it.  Other times we just dip out of the mixing bowl.  It seems to stay warm enough long enough that way. 

As for the PP, I have never had a problem with a mess at all, and we often do it with kids.  You dip your fruit/cake/whatever and then transfer it to your plate.  You eat from your plate with your fork.  So there really is no reason for it to be messy.  

• Like 2

I love anything Chocolate. The title got me interested. I can be corrupted with a Chocolate Bar. My  wife knows that and she brought me a Chocolate Bar Sunday, after going to see a movie that I didn't want to see. Good luck with the Fondue!  You might look on YouTube and watch a few videos there about how to make it. 

• Like 1

I love anything Chocolate. The title got me interested. I can be corrupted with a Chocolate Bar. My  wife knows that and she brought me a Chocolate Bar Sunday, after going to see a movie that I didn't want to see. Good luck with the Fondue!  You might look on YouTube and watch a few videos there about how to make it. 

There are super fancy ones out there, but the easiest one is just chocolate chips, sugar and half and half**.  Melt it down and go. And then any that is left you pour onto parchment paper and put in the fridge and after it cools it slices like fudge. 

** I know the chocolate chips was 2 cups.  But I can't remember if it 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup half and half, or reversed, or both of them were 1/2 cup.

I don't have a choice but to put it in a crock pot. I'm doing this with friends after our co-op tomorrow. The kitchen and fellowship hall is off limits because of setting up for a wedding reception. I have the last hour off of classes and could put it in then or put in in first thing in the morning. 

I don't have a choice but to put it in a crock pot. I'm doing this with friends after our co-op tomorrow. The kitchen and fellowship hall is off limits because of setting up for a wedding reception. I have the last hour off of classes and could put it in then or put in in first thing in the morning. 

I'd give it lots of time to melt and mingle together so I choose first thing in the morning.

Stir often.

If you have crockpot liners, I'd use them for ease of clean up.

Marshmellows, cut fruit, cookies...take lots of things to dip. Mmmmmm.....

I don't think a crockpot will get hot enough to make it, but should be hot enough to serve it from. I am glad to hear you aren't using one of those obnoxious fountains. When I worked wedding we often did those fountains, but most of the "chocolate" that can go through the fountain is food grade wax. Just, yuck. It's not really food.