Menu

Anyone going to see Fireproof this weekend?

Lisa

I know it's a wonderful message, which I completely support. But I have a really hard time watching a movie - no matter how great the message - if it's bad acting. And unfortunately, a lot of these smaller companies (esp. when they're working with volunteer actors), while I want to support them, put out some movies with seriously bad acting, LOL. Dh really wants to see it, but I'm not sure we'll be able to make it happen while it's in the theaters. We may have to wait until it's out on DVD.

Having said that, I did watch a clip this morning where Kirk Cameron was being interviewed about the movie. It was mentioned that he doesn't kiss anyone except his wife, even for a movie. So in this movie, where there is a "passionate" kissing scene, they flew his real wife, Chelsea, in for the scene, and shot it as a silhouette of the two of them kissing. I thought that was very sweet and romantic. I am so proud of Kirk for having a marriage and family that has been successful amid Hollywood (they've been married 17yrs, but in his words "by Hollywood standards we've been married like, 70yrs."). He's a wonderful role-model.

Having said that, I did watch a clip this morning where Kirk Cameron was being interviewed about the movie. It was mentioned that he doesn't kiss anyone except his wife, even for a movie. So in this movie, where there is a "passionate" kissing scene, they flew his real wife, Chelsea, in for the scene, and shot it as a silhouette of the two of them kissing.

It really speaks to the integrity of the filmmakers, imho.

We're going Saturday - on a midday date! Can't wait. . . .

I know it's a wonderful message, which I completely support. But I have a really hard time watching a movie - no matter how great the message - if it's bad acting. And unfortunately, a lot of these smaller companies (esp. when they're working with volunteer actors), while I want to support them, put out some movies with seriously bad acting, LOL. Dh really wants to see it, but I'm not sure we'll be able to make it happen while it's in the theaters. We may have to wait until it's out on DVD.

Having said that, I did watch a clip this morning where Kirk Cameron was being interviewed about the movie. It was mentioned that he doesn't kiss anyone except his wife, even for a movie. So in this movie, where there is a "passionate" kissing scene, they flew his real wife, Chelsea, in for the scene, and shot it as a silhouette of the two of them kissing. I thought that was very sweet and romantic. I am so proud of Kirk for having a marriage and family that has been successful amid Hollywood (they've been married 17yrs, but in his words "by Hollywood standards we've been married like, 70yrs."). He's a wonderful role-model.

Did you see Facing the Giants? The acting in there was great considering they had a shoestring budget. I don't think the acting will be bad, if its like Facing the Giants.

And heres the Fox news article about it http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,427161,00.html