Menu

How do you wear your Fitbit?

Granny_Weatherwax

I have developed an allergy to the Fitbit band so I have had to stop wearing it. Anyone else develop an allergy to the bands?  I Googled it and it seems to be fairly common.

If you have a sensitivity, how are you wearing your Fitbit? 

I tried stuffing it into my workout sock but it popped right out as soon as I began moving about.

Any DIY tips would be welcomed as I don't want to spend any money as I am saving for my AT trip.

I don't have an allergy, but it doesn't read steps well when I"m pushing a shopping cart so I just put it in my pocket then. It records just fine in my pocket. I've also just shoved it in my waistband if I don't have pockets. (usually yoga pants, so a wide waistband)

• Like 2

I don't have an allergy, but it doesn't read steps well when I"m pushing a shopping cart so I just put it in my pocket then. It records just fine in my pocket. I've also just shoved it in my waistband if I don't have pockets. (usually yoga pants, so a wide waistband)

Great idea! The not recording while pushing the shopping cart has frustrated me, but that never occurred to me. Duh!

Which model do you have?  I thought the Charge HR bands weren't supposed to cause a problem for most people, but the Fitbit folks do recommend cleaning the band regularly with warm water, Cetaphil or another mild soap.  If you haven't done that, maybe it would help?

FWIW, I wear my Charge HR on my wrist as normal, and it records steps when I'm pushing a shopping cart.

Edited by Pawz4me