Menu

A white matte le creuset piece? Should I worry about staining?

momee

Is it the OUTSIDE that is white matte?  Or is this a different finish inside?  

If there is a different kind of finish from the white interior than is in all the other Le Creusets I know about, then I don't know what to say.  The interiors of my Le Creusets are a little darker than brand new, but you'd only notice it by comparison.  Le Creuset makes a stain remover that apparently works like a charm, but I've just used soap and water and the interior is fine.  

I know they have a white finish on the outside, and I don't know if that will stain or not, mostly because of the matte finish.  I haven't had any staining except on the bottom of mine, and I can usually get those off with an amount of elbow grease I am not frequently interested in expending.  

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/5617139/?catalogId=3&sku=5617139&cm_ven=Google_PLA&cm_cat=Shopping&cm_pla=default&cm_ite=default&gclid=CjwKEAiA27G1BRCEopST9M39gykSJADQyqAlGZjXftTD3hlVXGQuPRClorxSUKdioLPfXZswYTSQTRoCsz_w_wcB&kwid=productads-plaid^63151460220-sku^5617139-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^52929352663

I can't bear to put anything in it.  Sure sign it needs to go back.  I'm afraid to even put it on the stove, lol.

(I used a new mover discount so it wasn't quite so high, but that is still a whole!!!! lotta money to spend on a pot.)

Edited by momee

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/5617139/?catalogId=3&sku=5617139&cm_ven=Google_PLA&cm_cat=Shopping&cm_pla=default&cm_ite=default&gclid=CjwKEAiA27G1BRCEopST9M39gykSJADQyqAlGZjXftTD3hlVXGQuPRClorxSUKdioLPfXZswYTSQTRoCsz_w_wcB&kwid=productads-plaid^63151460220-sku^5617139-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^52929352663

I can't bear to put anything in it. Sure sign it needs to go back. I'm afraid to even put it on the stove, lol.

(I used a new mover discount so it wasn't quite so high, but that is still a whole!!!! lotta money to spend on a pot.)

Would it help to look at it as a beautiful tool that makes YOU happy? Don't look at it like an heirloom. It's a pot. Cook in it. Now, my iron skillets are indestructible and I do plan to season one nicely for each child when he or she moves out, but that doesn't mean I'm going to baby the ones I have. Cook in it! Any color is going to get stained. The enamel inside will scratch. It's okay. If it's going to bother you that it never looks new again, then definitely return it and get a color you will use.

• Like 3

Just go for it!  It's like white marble counters or floors, or leather chesterfield sofas - it'll go through an ugly stage before your perspective goes from goes from stained to patina, but it will be beautiful to hand down because of the patina and the memories of your food in that pot, not because it will always look like new.

• Like 1

I have a tin bread container that belonged to my grandmother.  It has dents and scratches all over it, but I love it.  It reminds me of all the times that my extended family sat around her table and ate, argued, and laughed.  I don't have a clue what brand it is, or if it was expensive.  On the other hand, I have a glass bowl from another family member.  She warned me not to use it except for people I want to impress.  I have never used it, and honestly, I haven't thought about it in many years.  

It is just a pot. Don't overthink it.  Your children will remember what happened in your house and not how expensive, or nice the pot was when you bought it.

ETA-I think I type better on my phone than this computer!

Edited by Jan in SC
  • Like 2