Menu

I need some cheese.........

to go with my whine.

Our insurance recently stopped covering my Nexium because they said there were other meds that would do the same thing for less. Fine with me, but right now I'm between samples and MISERABLE.

My doctor is supposed to call something in for me, so I guess I'll go to Walmart and roll around on the floor crying until someone gives me something. At this point if I eat one more Rolaids I'm going to be sick.

When I was diagnosed, my insurance didn't cover the nexium AT ALL. I almost had heart failure to go with my reflux when I filled my prescription!!! After I told my doctor that I couldn't handle the cost of the Nexium, he had me take OTC Prilosec, which when I buy it at Costco is much more reasonably priced.

:grouphug: - I know this is a real pain!!!

Anne

I so understand. I was taking Aciphex which worked great for a couple of years but it isn't working for me anymore so my dr prescribed Nexium and to take it 2x day. Not covered - $300/month. The pharmacy is suggesting generic prilosec which will cost me $10/month after insurance. I'm still waiting for my dr to decide what to do about it, but I am not paying $300/month!

If you need something otc, I have had good luck taking up to 20mg pepcid ac 2x day. Of course you should ask your dr about what dosage you should take. Zantac does not work for me.

I totally understand, I had been on something like Nexium and the cost went way up. So I asked GI doctor what I could switch to, he said to try over the counter Prilosec. I did and it worked very well for me. I was in a Walgreens one day and went to get my Prilosec and saw that Walgreens had it's own generic brand Prilosec--cheaper than the name brand Prilosec, I tried it and it works just as well.

I so understand. I was taking Aciphex which worked great for a couple of years but it isn't working for me anymore so my dr prescribed Nexium and to take it 2x day. Not covered - $300/month. The pharmacy is suggesting generic prilosec which will cost me $10/month after insurance. I'm still waiting for my dr to decide what to do about it, but I am not paying $300/month!

If you need something otc, I have had good luck taking up to 20mg pepcid ac 2x day. Of course you should ask your dr about what dosage you should take. Zantac does not work for me.

Well, I came home with Aciphex. It was about $6.00 a pill, but the insurance covered all but $1 of that. So that's doable.

We've got great insurance, it's so good that they want to get rid of us. We were grandfathered in on a policy dh's parents had. My Remicade treatments are very expensive, and our policy covers them. But every year they raise the premiums, it's unbelievable, and we can't do anything but pay them.

With my arthritis no other company will get near us.