Menu

Exercise Thread Jan10-16

Kim in Appalachia

Yesterday was a rest day for me.  I needed it.  I didn't even do any yoga, but that's because I was so sucked into my book. :)

Today I ran 4 miles, on the treadmill since it was 15degrees out.  My tights would have been warm enough but I know my hands would have been cold, plus there was ice on the roads.  And I got to catch up on The Expanse.  I can't decide if I'm liking this series.  It's good, but the main characters aren't grabbing me.  

I also did 30 squats and 50 push-ups.  Tonight, power yoga.  The heated room will feel good. 

• Like 1

Went to exercise class last night. Worked today, have to drive dd to her first dance class tonight, BUT... just found out there's a drop-in yoga class in the same building at roughly the same time, which is pretty amazing for a small town. Might check it out!

ETA: or maybe not. Starting to sniffle with a cold and want to make sure dd gets settled her first time. Next week?

Edited by KathyBC
  • Like 1

Tai Cheng looks good.

I did probably the first 3rd of it when my back was really bad. It improved my back pain so much I stopped taking medication (and man was I on some strong stuff!) and improved my posture and grace. Those benefits never went away even though I didn't finish the program. I think that's mostly because of my back though. Every time I started to let my posture slip my back started to hurt so I had my own little personal trainer stabbing me in the back all day. :lol:

Side note: I want this!

• Like 2

Yesterday: training session (150 lb deadlift!) plus 30 min elliptical

Today: bodyweight bootcamp class this evening

I laced my sneaker too tight on Tuesday and bruised my instep. Ouch! I hope we won't do any side lunges tonight.

Edited by Luckymama
  • Like 3

Monday: hour on the bike

Tuesday: Strength training

Wednesday: swimming with the kids doesn't really count as exercise, but I just couldn't find time to do anything else.

Thursday: hour on the bike, push ups, jump squats

Friday: 45 minutes on the bike. The day isn't over, so I'm still planning some strength training

• Like 3

Monday: hour on the bike

Tuesday: Strength training

Wednesday: swimming with the kids doesn't really count as exercise, but I just couldn't find time to do anything else.

Thursday: hour on the bike, push ups, jump squats

Friday: 45 minutes on the bike. The day isn't over, so I'm still planning some strength training

I think swimming with the kids totally counts.

Good work all week!

• Like 1

Tai Cheng 2/90

Not you though, right? ;)

:lol: I had looked at something like that a few years ago, but it was a full length mat, supposed to be like being on a bed of nails (??I think that was the ad) It was in Yoga Journal.  I never thought about one for back issues.  My dh and my girls have super tight back/neck/shoulders.  I'm always looking for stuff to help their sleeping.  All 3 have special pillows. My oldest dd has a foam topper for her mattress.  

What is Tai Cheng?  Is it a program?  I'm intrigued. 

The program that helped my back after my injury.

:lol: I had looked at something like that a few years ago, but it was a full length mat, supposed to be like being on a bed of nails (??I think that was the ad) It was in Yoga Journal.  I never thought about one for back issues.  My dh and my girls have super tight back/neck/shoulders.  I'm always looking for stuff to help their sleeping.  All 3 have special pillows. My oldest dd has a foam topper for her mattress.  

Recent thread on the topic.

• Like 1

My FitBit tells me I walked 9 miles today. I walked this morning for over an hour while I talked to my mother on the phone, and other quick mile walk after dinner. I went to the grocery store and Target this evening, so I am sure I picked some up waling around there. 

I am rocking January with steps. I am finally getting back into my weight training and classes at the gym after sporadically hitting those over the holidays. I was on a very regular schedule, but got sick in October and was out for a solid month, so it feels great to be settling back into my rhythm. 

• Like 4