Menu

Plastic Tumblers (cups).....what are your favorites?

Ottakee

I LOVE the Ikea kids plastic cups (tumblers) that are about 8oz.  I want something similar though that is 16 oz.  I am tired of our glass glasses breaking but yet what something a bit more durable and dishwasher safe, but yet nice enough that I would feel OK using for casual company.

Any good ideas?  I seem to be able to find the super expensive ones or the super cheap flimsy ones.  I am looking more for tupperware type quality.

Not the exact look I want but the price is right, they are made in American, and they seem to be very durable.  Might have to check them out anyway.

• Like 1

Not the exact look I want but the price is right, they are made in American, and they seem to be very durable.  Might have to check them out anyway.

I had a set years ago.  Not even sure what happened to them.  Maybe I gave them to my sister.  Anyhow, I know they aren't super exciting looking, but they were good because they hide smudges and minor scratches.  Certain plastic ones kinda look like crud after awhile.  Plus yeah you can't beat the price.

If breakage is the issue and you are not specific about getting plastic cups, I recommend the Klean Canteen stainless steel tumblers. I have had a set for a few years now and my DS uses only those and they have held up very well (BPA free, dishwasher safe etc). http://www.kleankanteen.com/collections/cups-tumblers

Edited by mathnerd

If breakage is the issue and you are not specific about getting plastic cups, I recommend the Klean Canteen stainless steel tumblers. I have had a set for a few years now and my DS uses only those and they have held up very well (BPA free, dishwasher safe etc). http://www.kleankanteen.com/collections/cups-tumblers

These! We love our Klean Kanteen tumblers. I use those silicone wristbands in different colors around them so people can easily tell which cup is theirs.

Tervis.  They are amazing.  BPA free, good for hot or cold drinks, dishwasher safe, made in the US with a lifetime guarantee.  Love them!

Some of the Tervis products are available on Amazon, in case anyone has gift cards to spend. 

I might get a single one from Amazon before making such a big commitment, lol, but these do look great. 

Since you are looking for durability, see if there is a restaurant supply store near you. I bought my glasses there (I don't like drinking out of plastic), but they would also have durable plastic that is made to stand up to the high heat of the dishwasher.

• Like 1

Some of the Tervis products are available on Amazon, in case anyone has gift cards to spend. 

I might get a single one from Amazon before making such a big commitment, lol, but these do look great. 

You could also get one at QT if you have those around you.  The Tervis is $10 with a lid and comes with over $10 in QT coupons for food and drinks.   

I found some I like today at Target.  They are only 12 oz instead of 16 but for 79 cents each they work.  They were with the toddler section of cups/dinnerware next to the adult stuff.

http://www.target.com/p/drinkware-circo-red/-/A-15372292#prodSlot=medium_1_10&term=circo+tumbler

PROBLEM.....we bought the 6 the store had in stock and when I looked on line it looks like most stores are out of stock and you can't order them to ship to the store :-(  I would have gotten 4 in each color.

Some of the others you linked looked good but are quite pricey.  $10/cup just doesn't work for our family.

UPDATED:   I did a bit more searching around and found them at a near by store (in a town I will be in Tuesday) and I ordered 12 more :hurray:   Order came to $10.05 so I used my $10 gift card and then put 5 cents on another gift card.  Happy me.

Edited by Ottakee
  • Like 1