Menu

Non-fiction books with weird theme

Okra

Please don't think we're weird, LOL  But, over the years we have received quite a few non-fiction books about death

Here's a sampling:

Deaths in Yellowstone/Grand Canyon/Yosemite

Poisoner's Handbook

Non-fiction about the Black Plague

Non-fiction book about Airline crashes

Books about Emergency Rooms

Inadvertently, this has become kind of a running joke, because so many different people have bought us books about death and given as presents.  So, if I want to stay with the  theme and get a book about death, what would I buy?

• Like 1

Not Without Peril? Similar theme to those "Death in..." books, which were so good. We did a cross country trip a few years ago, and I purchased a few of those at different national parks we went to. They were gripping. In fact several family members ended up reading them. Not Without Peril is about Mt Washington.

I love books about viruses and virus hunting.  Not death in particular, but some find it morbid. 

We also have a ton of books about airline disasters, shipwrecks, arctic expeditions, etc.

Mark of the Grizzly - about real life grizzly attacks - very interesting!

Hilarious, as we own all of the titles mentioned:) let's make a weird club!

A couple more offhand: the book Shocked is about the history of resuscitation and has the craziest stories of how attempts failed. Like blowing smoke into patient's rectums was a thing?!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1617230227/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1446705994&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=Shocked&dpPl=1&dpID=51Zn1Gg0B0L&ref=plSrch

Working Stiff

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1476727260/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1446706477&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=Working+stiff&dpPl=1&dpID=51D5IEyz-wL&ref=plSrch