Menu

Josh duggar - the guy running the rehab program

gardenmom5

was jailed for s3x with an underage girl. . . .and told her "god approves".  (is that the p3nis god he worships?)  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3218144/Pastor-Christian-rehab-program-treating-Josh-Duggar-jailed-sex-underage-girl-cabin-church-conference-telling-God-approves.html

why am I NOT surprised?  :svengo:

the good news is - JB is finished on reality tv. his pride and joy has put paid to those aspirations.

was jailed for s3x with an underage girl. . . .and told her "god approves".  (is that the p3nis god he worships?)  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3218144/Pastor-Christian-rehab-program-treating-Josh-Duggar-jailed-sex-underage-girl-cabin-church-conference-telling-God-approves.html

why am I NOT surprised?  :svengo:

the good news is - JB is finished on reality tv. his pride and joy has put paid to those aspirations.

:ack2:  I guess I'll never learn to not read things here while I'm drinking my coffee. :lol:

• Like 4

I know nothing about Schaap except what is in that article. I have to say, I'm constantly blown away by the ego on these men!! It is one thing to have a relationship with minor in your office but to go the extra step and document it with photos is mind boggling!! Of course you will get caught, you took photos!! There should be some kind of humility test a guy has to pass before he can be a religious leader.

Schaap is in prison. That said, there have been numerous sex scandals including the rape of a disabled girl during church by a deacon that were covered up in the Jack Hyles/Hyles Anderson franchise. Therefore, any establishment for sex addicts and offenders that is run by those associated with Hyles Anderson is entirely suspect and shady in my book.

• Like 11

Schaap is in prison. That said, there have been numerous sex scandals including the rape of a disabled girl during church by a deacon that were covered up in the Jack Hyles/Hyles Anderson franchise. Therefore, any establishment for sex addicts and offenders that is run by those associated with Hyles Anderson is entirely suspect and shady in my book.

I can never help but think "bandaids" when I hear of Hyles-Anderson. One of my IFB churches (growing up) was associated with them.

~I happen to attend an IFB church.

~I do NOT consider myself an Independent Fundamental Baptist--I just happen to go to one (maybe the only one) that is not kooky.

~IFB churches are ran independently, so while they are all similar, they can (and do) vary considerably in teaching and standards. My church  is pretty relaxed compared to most other IFB churches. 

~I do not agree with everything about my church...but the few things I don't agree with, I can live with.  

~I hate legalism 

~I hate hypocrites more

~I do not like Hyles Anderson or other IFB patterned (brainwashed) after them

~I LOATHE Jack Schaap

That being said:

~Jack Schaap did not start Reformers Unanimous 

~Other than having an RU program started at the church in Anderson, I doubt he has anything to do with RU.
~A lot of churches (including mine) have RU programs

~RU is actually a good program for it's intended purposes.

~Josh Duggar needs FAR more than RU to "fix" his issues :/

• Like 10

Actually, did you know it is possible that Josh may not have even gone to RU to start with?  He was never actually spotted there.  It was assumed he went there by someone who delved into his brother's flight records.  The media could've taken the "tip" and ran with it.  

It is very possible the family may have even wanted to throw everyone off and let them chew on this bit of "news" for a while while he is actually somewhere else.  

Hey, the guy needs serious help.  The whole family does.  I can't actually blame them for trying to get out of the spotlight while they try to figure out where to go next.  

• Like 1

Actually, did you know it is possible that Josh may not have even gone to RU to start with?  He was never actually spotted there.  It was assumed he went there by someone who delved into his brother's flight records.  The media could've taken the "tip" and ran with it.  

It is very possible the family may have even wanted to throw everyone off and let them chew on this bit of "news" for a while while he is actually somewhere else.  

Hey, the guy needs serious help.  The whole family does.  I can't actually blame them for trying to get out of the spotlight while they try to figure out where to go next.  

He was physically spotted there by a reporter AFTER the flight record search. It's upthread.

• Like 2

~I happen to attend an IFB church.

~I do NOT consider myself an Independent Fundamental Baptist--I just happen to go to one (maybe the only one) that is not kooky. I have heard that there are a few. However, distinguishing between those few and everyone that has said theirs was one of those few can be a chore (have a friend that went to one that "wasn't" kooky. I went to it and same vibe. She eventually left it. She went to another that dropped the IFB from it. Even creepier IFB vibe. So much so, that once the pastor realised my daughter was there for one visit, he changed his sermon direction and started attacking everything he thought he knew about Orthodoxy based off of his limited knowledge of Catholism. It was insulting and hysterical at the same time. My daughter decided to roll her eyes and put him on mental ignore)

~IFB churches are ran independently, so while they are all similar, they can (and do) vary considerably in teaching and standards. My church  is pretty relaxed compared to most other IFB churches. They are ran independently, but they are interconnected through missions, conferences, pastors, schools, etc. Some are more Pensacola based, some Hyles-Anderson, and some BJU...or a combination of. Some have even held Gothard/IBLP Seminars.

~I do not agree with everything about my church...but the few things I don't agree with, I can live with.  I know this happens a lot with military families moving around...they tend to sometimes just land in a church, even if they aren't fully on board.

~I hate legalism Agreed

~I hate hypocrites more Agreed, though I think we all are in one way or another

~I do not like Hyles Anderson or other IFB patterned (brainwashed) after them Agreed

~I LOATHE Jack Schaap Agreed, along with all the other sex abuse cover-ups within the various IFB churches. Just do a search.

That being said:

~Jack Schaap did not start Reformers Unanimous 

~Other than having an RU program started at the church in Anderson, I doubt he has anything to do with RU.

~A lot of churches (including mine) have RU programs 

~RU is actually a good program for it's intended purposes. Could you explain this program then. From what many of us saw as the schedule, it's work, pray, read, work , work, pray, attend religious services. Where is the professional counseling (we mean licensed professional)? Or are they using a "nouetic counselor"? What is the training and what is actually done? What is the followup?

~Josh Duggar needs FAR more than RU to "fix" his issues :/ Agreed

• Like 1

They might be keeping him from attending so others in the program aren't photographed, or to keep looky-loos from ruining the North Love church services. Or maybe he's getting special treatment because he's a celebrity. Or maybe the family PR person realized the public perception of the RU program wasn't going to help the Duggar credibility, and Josh was moved somewhere else.  

There's a chance he was never there in the first place but I think that's slim.  The Duggars aren't smart enough to think of flying into Rockford in the middle of the night to make it appear JD was dropped off for rehab, only to actually take him somewhere else. 

Yeah, the whole family needs help. Heck, when Michael Seewald's blog post is the most rational thing we've heard so far, it's clear this is a family in crisis.  (I am not a Michael Seewald fan) 

• Like 1

Just to vindicate Colleen...  https://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/josh-duggar-is-missing-from-treatment-center-report/

• Like 2

Source? I have not found a source for this at all. Gawker is often cited as the source, but the article I read says he is "probably" there.

Some local reporter said yes, he's in town on his Twitter account, and that's pretty much the extent of it. He didn't make any claim about having seen him there personally, and I'm not sure why that was ever taken as definitive.

Some local reporter said yes, he's in town on his Twitter account, and that's pretty much the extent of it. He didn't make any claim about having seen him there personally, and I'm not sure why that was ever taken as definitive.

Because it was in the Internet. Everything on the Internet is true.

• Like 2

He said he had confirmed it.  He didn't say how he had confirmed it.

• Like 1