Menu

Have you decided?

If Election Day were tomorrow, would you be ready to vote?  

1. 1. If Election Day were tomorrow, would you be ready to vote?

• Yes, I have firmly decided on my candidate.
    • I'm pretty sure who I'd vote for, but I coud swayed to change my vote.
    • No, I still haven't made up my mind.
    • I will not be voting at all because I don't like any of the candidates.

If Election Day were tomorrow, would you be ready to cast your vote? Have you seen and heard enough? Is your mind made up? Or are you still deciding?

ETA: Gah! I have a typo in the poll options. :( Sorry. Second option should read: I'm pretty sure who I'd vote for, but I could be swayed to change my vote.

I am in the undecided vote, I really do not like either one of the canidates. I am not sure I would vote if I had to today; but the thought of not voting makes me sick,kwim. I think there are pluses and minuses to both of the pres. canidates, what I wish, what I really wish is that they would take the top 2 canidates, in this case Obama and McCain and make them both President. Then they would be forced to work together to fix the problems that both parties created over long periods of time. There is so much that needs fixing in our country that it just might take them both. No matter which way the election goes, I hope for a change for the better; sooner rather than later.:001_smile:

One major party's platform and nominees are not an option. They never were, but the more they talk, the more clear it becomes even to my fence-sitting apolitical friends.

The assorted "third party" and "independent" candidates aren't an option, either, IMHO.

Yep. I'm decided. As soon as early voting starts in Texas, we'll get it over with and then go back to our regularly scheduled lives.

In order to actually participate in the election process as an ex-pat you have to decide VERY early, especially if you live in a country without mail service. Well, technically MexPost does exist but not even the utility companies use it - bills are hand delivered. I'm hoping my vote will count but it really will be a crapshoot.

In order to actually participate in the election process as an ex-pat you have to decide VERY early, especially if you live in a country without mail service. Well, technically MexPost does exist but not even the utility companies use it - bills are hand delivered. I'm hoping my vote will count but it really will be a crapshoot.

...but I love your blog!

I still have a bit of wanderlust, but can't talk dh into the lifestyle. Thought I had a bit of a chance when he retired from the military, but...no dice.

Love that I can look at your blog and daydream, though! :-)

It's actually really weighing on me. I agree with each of them on some issues, and disagree on others.

I'm trying not to get off track with less relevant information. I feel like the whole campaign from both camps is a marketing effort, and I don't want to be marketed to as a consumer. I want to vote for the right person.

I was leaning toward Obama until his speech at the convention. It was a good speech and I nodded a lot. But his misrepresentations of McCain annoyed me, and I was shocked when he said, "Let us keep that promise - that American promise - and in the words of Scripture hold firmly, without wavering, to the hope that we confess."

Paul wasn't talking about Universal healthcare or ending poverty or withdrawing troops or education in Hebrews. All those things are worthy endeavors, but they aren't the Hope we confess if we are Christians. I just thought it was a really weird and disturbing misuse of scripture and it's under my skin.

At the same time, while I agree with McCain on some issues (not all) I am distressed that he chose a VP who is *so* conservative, but even more than that, who is just so clearly not qualified to lead this country. I think there were far better choices for VP, but McCain made a marketing decision, and as a voter, I am not impressed.

Sigh. I know this all sounds negative. I think they are both good men, I wouldn't be drastically upset to see either of them at the helm. I just can't decide who would be the better president.

It looks like about 80% of us (so far) have firmly decided on our candidate, and 10% are pretty sure about their choice. That means, for the most part, only about 10% of the folks on here are "still up for grabs" (so to speak) -- could still go one way or the other.

Do you think this is representative of the nation as a whole? Do you think 90% of the American people have already made up their minds (or pretty much so), leaving only 10% of the population undecided or disillusioned?

If so... how important, really, are the debates at this point? Could a candidate's performance there really make a difference on Election Day? So far, current polls really seem to show this to be a neck-and-neck race. Are the debates "make or break" for the candidates, or just an opportunity to further solidify their respective party's base?

I can't believe I'm an undecided voter. I used to mock undecided voters.

Candidates will have been campaigning for 2 yearsby the time the election rolls around. You'd think I'd be able to make a decision in 2 years. But you know, I don't like ANY of the Presidential candidates. I'm going to have to vote for someone, though. I refuse to stay home.

I can't believe I'm an undecided voter. I used to mock undecided voters.

Candidates will have been campaigning for 2 yearsby the time the election rolls around. You'd think I'd be able to make a decision in 2 years. But you know, I don't like ANY of the Presidential candidates. I'm going to have to vote for someone, though. I refuse to stay home.

Yes, me too. I made a button. It's my new avatar. You want to borrow it?

For one thing, 10% is a lot of people. And depending on where they are located, those could be very important votes. But even more, having people like you best, is great. But having them actually get up off their sofas to go vote for you is infinitely better. The candidates are trying to generate enthusiasm, McCain is trying to get conservative votes inspired to actually go to the polls, and Obama needs to ensure that everyone who likes him actually VOTES for him.

Hmmm... interesting. The undecided/disillusioned count has ticked upward this evening.

Looks like I'm answering my own (earlier) question. The debates ARE important.

I'm thinking of posting another poll, though, asking everyone if they wish tomorrow WERE Election Day so we could be done with this! I enjoy the discussion, but I get pretty passionate about it... and it looks like the campaign ad creators are, too.

I'm afraid that, come November 4, 2008, we will be better described as the DIVIDED States of America, if it gets any more acrimonious. :(